Amy Winehouse: I'm too short to have punched anyone

A tortured genius.

Oh please, she sang songs written for her. She had a good voice and was used and abused. Those that made money of her, had all but abandoned her at the end. She was no Karen Carpenter addicted to pain killers because of a crippling back injury of time. She was her mums little darling and her dads meal ticket, but not a genius. Poor little girl, very, very sad.

Last edited:
Blake Fielder-Civil for me. Lovely girls getting involved with complete scumbags. I’ve seen female friends do it then self-destruct.
Her Dad stood and watched and counted the cash, even when she had departed he was cashing in.

*unt of a man, she deserved a far better role model.

Oh please, she sang songs written for her. She had a good voice and was used and abused. Those that made money of her, had all but abandoned her at the end. She was no Karen Carpenter addicted to pain killers because of a crippling back injury of time. She was her mums little darling and her dads meal ticket, but not a genius. Poor little girl, very, very sad.
Not sure where to start with this but you do come across as a bit of a dick.

Amy Winehouse co-wrote all her songs apart from a couple of covers she did.

She achieved more in her short life than most will achieve in a long life.

A totally original person, style and voice in a sea of mediocrity and banial manufactured crap music, she was so refreshing.
Absolutely mate. A very very rare talent. You don't get to make records with Tony Bennett if you're not top notch.

Did you see the documentary about her trip to a small musical festival in Dingle (I think), in the south of Ireland. Not only was it brilliant to see her sing with just a bass accompaniment but it also gave a great inside into her personality - humble, open and trusting. I'm with you on this Bill, so many great female vocalists but she is unique and stood proud amongst the very best.
No I didn't see that I'd like to though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.