Amy Winehouse: I'm too short to have punched anyone

Writing only two songs out of 18 singles (the albums are even more skewered to my factual and valid point), with half of the remaining being cover hints more to her being a singer who people could work with, than a songwriter. Lennon & McCartney were, are musical geniuses, Elvis the greatest showman and Michael Jackson had a great voice. Yes, the hypothetical opinion reversed, are you saying Amy Winehouse was good, or important to music as the aforementioned? They all lived longer and recorded more albums and singles they far bigger hits globally that someone who died at 27. Nirvana ended when Curt Cobain ended, as did The Doors when Jim Morrison died. Nirvana had 5 US number 1 albums to her none. The Doors had only 1 US number 1 album. Janis Joplin had 2 US number 1 albums. Joplin might be a better comparison as the Doors sold over 180 million albums and Nirvana 120 million. I wouldn't consider Joplin to be in the same bracket as the others and would say Amy Winehouse had a nicer voice. As you said that's an opinion.
You’re an idiot. You move the debate on to suit yourself.

Try this. It was a bbc arena documentary but the original is no longer available.

Thanks for posting that Saddleworth I have to say I really enjoyed it, she was truly remarkable.
Saw what Tony Bennett said about her and you could tell he meant it.
As good as Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday.

Thanks for posting that Saddleworth I have to say I really enjoyed it, she was truly remarkable.
Saw what Tony Bennett said about her and you could tell he meant it.
As good as Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday.

Glad you liked it Bill. I enjoyed it. It showcased her talent but also gave an insight into the person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.