Amy Winehouse: I'm too short to have punched anyone

Karen Carpenter did become addicted to pain killers. She damaged her back and was in increasing pain. The pain killers damaged who liver and kidneys beyond repair as they also suppressed her appetite. It took longer and she also married a utter douche bag. Amy was a young girl who, as I wrote had a good voice and also married a douche bag. Sadly she also was surrounded by douche bag friends.

Its doesn't dilute the joy people got from her singing, but I just don't believe she, or Karen Carpenter were musical geniuses.
It's always funny when someone's post gets dissected piece by piece and shown up as utter bullshit, only for them to reply on a single minor point as if that's the thing they were getting at in the first place.

It's always funny when someone's post gets dissected piece by piece and shown up as utter bullshit, only for them to reply on a single minor point as if that's the thing they were getting at in the first place.

Blimey, so you have cured cancer and can also, through written word, read someone's mind.

Disgusting, stinking animal of a supposed human being.

Standard abuse to any celeb, only have to look at Bellingham thread to see similar abuse.

Just a shame attitudes change when they die, especially young.

Be nice if society was more nice to people when they’re alive rather than dead, but that’s the woke in me I suppose.

Ok, sang songs written for her.

Her biggest hit, Valerie, was written by the Zutons and it was Mark Ronson who reworked it choosing her for her "good voice", Rehab, even her loathsome dad confirmed Mark Ronson wrote the song, although none of lyrics to it, as he did with the Back to Black. Out of 18 singles she wrote 2, You Know I'm No Good and Love is a losing game. Including Valerie 8 of the remaining 16 were covers. Every other song had her lyrics, to someone else's music. With out the music lyrics are just words, I think she had a good voice, but she was not a musical genius.

Her biggest hit, Valerie, was written by the Zutons and it was Mark Ronson who reworked it choosing her for her "good voice", Rehab, even her loathsome dad confirmed Mark Ronson wrote the song, although none of lyrics to it, as he did with the Back to Black. Out of 18 singles she wrote 2, You Know I'm No Good and Love is a losing game. Including Valerie 8 of the remaining 16 were covers. Every other song had her lyrics, to someone else's music. With out the music lyrics are just words, I think she had a good voice, but she was not a musical genius.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but it isn't a fact is it? I could say that John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson weren't musical geniuses but that's an opinion. It was the spiteful nature of your post that caused me to reply. You didn't like her so everything was her fault that happened to her.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but it isn't a fact is it? I could say that John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson weren't musical geniuses but that's an opinion. It was the spiteful nature of your post that caused me to reply. You didn't like her so everything was her fault that happened to her.

Writing only two songs out of 18 singles (the albums are even more skewered to my factual and valid point), with half of the remaining being cover hints more to her being a singer who people could work with, than a songwriter. Lennon & McCartney were, are musical geniuses, Elvis the greatest showman and Michael Jackson had a great voice. Yes, the hypothetical opinion reversed, are you saying Amy Winehouse was good, or important to music as the aforementioned? They all lived longer and recorded more albums and singles they far bigger hits globally that someone who died at 27. Nirvana ended when Curt Cobain ended, as did The Doors when Jim Morrison died. Nirvana had 5 US number 1 albums to her none. The Doors had only 1 US number 1 album. Janis Joplin had 2 US number 1 albums. Joplin might be a better comparison as the Doors sold over 180 million albums and Nirvana 120 million. I wouldn't consider Joplin to be in the same bracket as the others and would say Amy Winehouse had a nicer voice. As you said that's an opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.