An End to Terrace/Armchair Managers vs Mancini...

Mancrobbo said:
Bigga said:
And the problem being that Mancini didn't play '3 holding midfielders'. He played one; Yaya. A centre forward as in Edin Dzeko? No crossers of the ball as in Kolarov and the 'consistent' Adam Johnson?? Do you mean the injury prone 'tear-them-apart' Bellamy who's scored about 5 goals, this season, in a lower division??

You should read/ have a point before having a pop.

Bellamy was our best player behind Tevez last year and would have given us some much needed pace and width this year.

Mancini allowed personal differences to get in the way and that is bad management.

stop dreaming about Bellamy. Face the truth, it's all in your mind.....he only plays a few games a season - he's past it. He wouldn't get in any top 6 team. He hasn't scored many goals or played that many games for Cardiff. The Bellamy lovers on this forum forget that he WAS a great player but he is now a useful sub...BUT he won't take that role, hence his angry argumentative stance.......<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:31 pm --<br /><br />
badvoc said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
I'll stand up and reply to this as one of those you are referring to: I pay a lot of money to watch MY Club (52yrs) and I have a right to say how I feel about how its being run.
The Team dont play as a 'Team' - they clearly dont like the manager and how he asks them to play. Maybe they dont understand it - his tactics certainly baffle me.
The Manager has constantly played x3 holding midfield players (not even Stoke do that!).
He buys a centre forward but has not made provision for this by having anyone who can cross a ball - then admits it.
He gets rid of Bellamy whilst bringing in Balotelli (need I say more?).

Oh hell - the list goes on and on and on................The problem last night summed up the entire Season. One winger to supply TWO centre forwards. No link between midfield and attack. Gareth Barry. No team ethic. Sideways football. Players looking bewildered, clueless and ruderless. Having some ability but unable to use it.

The truth hurts pal, maybe you dont like it but there it is and I for one dont want more of it next Season and I wont stop asking questions about how MY Club is being run....................

Such a great post mate, I could not agree with you more.

I feel sorry for Dzeko, he just gets no service and he knows life will be difficult for him every time he plays.

Mancini has badly managed this team, at the start of the season we had about 7 first team strikers, now how many?

Dzeko - gets no service
Ballotelli - Probably mentally unsound and I sincerely hope he never pulls on a city shirt again.
Tevez - injured

Bellamy - one of our outstanding performers of last season to League 1 on loan?
Adebayor - again loaned out, like him of not he gets goals and was never given a chance by Mancini.
Caicedo & Santa Cruz - same, although I never rated Santa Cruz I had hoped Caicedo would make a name for himself.

You have got to be joking - you cannot seriously compare Adebayor, Caicedo, Santa Cruz and Bellamy with Dzeko, Ballotelli and Tevez. If's that's the best you can use agains Mancini then you know nothing

CC1 said:
Mancrobbo said:
Bellamy was our best player behind Tevez last year and would have given us some much needed pace and width this year.

Mancini allowed personal differences to get in the way and that is bad management.

stop dreaming about Bellamy. Face the truth, it's all in your mind.....he only plays a few games a season -

LOL. He played 31 games for us last season!

He wouldn't get in any top 6 team.

WTF? He was in our team last season..... when we finished............. FIFTH!

Bigga said:
blueinsa said:
Bigga unravelling on this thread is highly amusing :-)

How so??

Isn't the question I've asked based in reality? I asked what Mancini has said on the matter and all I've had is speculation, not hard fact. "I made a mistake" is hardly evidence of what has been posted above as given fact.

I await on tenterhooks for the hard and fast answer, not speculation.

So your 'unravelling' statement is full of bullsh*t, as per, but I'm not surprised...

Give up Bigga. The people responding in the main, are the Mancini Outers. ITs the same old same old. They always think they know best but if Bobby had chosen the side they suggest and one had got injured for the Semi they would have been screaming that he should have rested them. You really can't win a discussion with the Mancini outers because they dont WANT him to do well.

CC1 said:
Bigga said:
How so??

Isn't the question I've asked based in reality? I asked what Mancini has said on the matter and all I've had is speculation, not hard fact. "I made a mistake" is hardly evidence of what has been posted above as given fact.

So your 'unravelling' statement is full of bullsh*t, as per, but I'm not surprised...

Give up Bigga. The people responding in the main, are the Mancini Outers. ITs the same old same old. They always think they know best but if Bobby had chosen the side they suggest and one had got injured for the Semi they would have been screaming that he should have rested them. You really can't win a discussion with the Mancini outers because they dont WANT him to do well.

Actually, you're quite right! I told myself off for arguing with fools as well!!

No more from me.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
CC1 said:
stop dreaming about Bellamy. Face the truth, it's all in your mind.....he only plays a few games a season -

He wouldn't get in any top 6 team.

You are living in the past again. We are talking about THIS season and he hasn't been able to play that many games. Those with some knowledge of him and his medical condition recognised that and made the correct decision to let him go.

CC1 said:
Bigga said:
How so??

I don't see any posts castigating Mancini for not resting Tevez or blaming him for his injury!

Another one going off on one making shit up as he goes along pmsl.

CC1 said:

You are living in the past again. We are talking about THIS season and he hasn't been able to play that many games.

Not that many games? He has played 24 games this season. Not too bad.

Those with some knowledge of him and his medical condition recognised that and made the correct decision to let him go.

His medical condition was well known BEFORE we bought him - yet he became one of our best players last season and made 31 appearances.

He was booted out because Mancini didn't like him, not for footballing reasons.

Your points don't add up, sorry.

CC1 said:
You are living in the past again. We are talking about THIS season and he hasn't been able to play that many games.

Those with some knowledge of him and his medical condition recognised that and made the correct decision to let him go.

His medical condition was well known BEFORE we bought him - yet he became one of our best players last season and made 31 appearances.

I have to keep saying this but we are talking about THIS season. How many games has he played and how many goals has he scored - against lower opposition. Obviously you look backwards and City looked to the future

CC1 said:

I have to keep saying this but we are talking about THIS season. How many games has he played and how many goals has he scored - against lower opposition. Obviously you look backwards and City looked to the future

He's playing in a different league, with players of poorer quality around him. You are just speculating about what he would have done for us this season based on what he has done for Cardiff.

Fact is - he was one of our best players last season, and Mancini decided to get rid of him. Utter folly.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 pm --<br /><br />
Bigga said:
No more from me.

Yeah - that's right. You cannot answer me and 'Put Up' - so you go skulking off. LOL.

white_flag.gif

Bigga said:
Read "attacking intent" for the umpteenth time...

In fact, I'm going to clarify what I mean, because some of you cannot think for yourselves about that team.

Only one player, from the midfield upwards, was a player designed to hold the play in that formation. That was supposed to be Barry. Yaya's mission was to help out, but drive on when he could. He never really got that chance, bar once or twice.

The REST of the team, outside of the obvious defence were FORWARD THINKING and too much so.

Usually, adding de Jong seeks balance to ball retention and Silva is a mix of attacking intent with ball retention.

When you add Barry into the normal mix, it becomes 'negative'.

I fail to see how you cannot think on this level. It's frankly embarrassing to attempt conversation with you lot not to understand why he tried something different. It's clear he wanted the pressure going forward on the Dippers team, thinking the personnel could pull it off.

You don't see it like I do and that's fine. I can see why he put out that team and they should have been good enough to get a result. All you want to do is criticise it with analysing the actual team and moan about who was left on the bench!

Just remember those on the bench haven't given us an away win since Dec, so you have no proof that they would have done, being in the team.

And this is how your first post should have been, minus the insults. Why not discuss tactics instead of attacking the "anti-mancini brigade" based on an assumption that all but you yourself seem to think is wrong (change of tactics due to pressure from outside and the changes being the equivalent of what this "brigade" wants). You also made the mistake of lumping everyone who has been critical of our tactics into one group who you say only want entertainment and attacking football. Id say most of us being critical of our tactical approach only wants us to find a balance between playing to our strengths and setting up the team after who we are meeting, be it parking the bus away to a brilliant Arsenal side in exceptional form (like we did earlier in the season) or go out and attack an out of form and injury-ravaged united side at home (which we failed to do).

CC1 said:
You really can't win a discussion with the Mancini outers because they dont WANT him to do well.

LOL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.