An End to Terrace/Armchair Managers vs Mancini...

Didsbury Dave said:
Bigga said:
My comment on de Jong was sarcasm. It was a response to those that think he brings nothing to the team, but 'slows it down'. Edin never really got the ball into him where he could hold it up, so it's unfair as a comment.

Arrogance is playing a half fit Zabs, who may have got himself sent off for tired challenges. Worth it? No.

He tried an attacking team and yet nobody comments on this factor. Why? Because no matter what he does, he'll be criticised. Be tactical and get critiqued. Be attacking and be critiqued.

It's a no win for him.

Absolute twadlle. He tried an attacking formation with the wrong personel.

Miler on the left instead of Silva? Madness. You've lost his ability to hold the ball and create. Even Milner knows he can't play wide. He's failed every time.

Barry in for De Jong in a two man midfield? Madness. You're going to get the run around because Yaya and Barry have no mobility and can't win the ball enough. Exactly what happened.

Dzeko in for Balo? Madness. Dzeko needs crosses. Even your hero appears to have finally woken up and smelt the coffee on that one. Balotelli is quick, strong and dangerous.

If you're going to play an attacking team those three are first on the team sheet, alongside Tevez.

It's amusing and touching to hear you blame us on Blue Moon for Mancini's self-confessed failures last night though. Awww. Bob and Bigga. Together till the end (6 games now) ;-)

This is exactly how I feel about it. Bobby dropped a bollock & I've lost almost all confidence in him.

Nerazzurri said:
Bigga,

-we were too attacking, but the only player wrong was barry.
-Mancini caves under pressure
-you criticise players not manager nor system
-taking out a playmaker and putting in a tall strong striker is a good tactic against a tall but slow defense.

This is what I get from reading your posts.

Im not attacking you, but I am curious to hear how you expand/explain these points or if I am misunderstanding some of your posts.

I'm saying that regardless of the methods used to get to the position we're in, we're there by learning about football, as a team, and the essential control of the game. If you have looked back upon the boards, these past few months, there has been nothing but complaints about how we're getting in to the 'Top 4'!! Not glad that we are! In fact, one such poster would much rather we won and lost a few than plodding in to our current position with 1-0's! You can imagine how flabbergasted I was, at such a thought!

There are posters who think we are a boring team and Mancini should 'let the shackles off'. Indeed, such opportunity arose against a team as in the Dippers. A team laden with attacking focus and yet there were complaints still to be had!

I do criticise the players, yes, because disciple is a factor within a team pushing for top prizes in the division. AJ, much like Tévez earlier this season, plays for himself, at the moment. There are times to take on players and times to cross the ball when you have someone great in the air, in the team. I think, more and more, I understand the reasoning for AJ to come off the bench.

As the playmaker, Tévez is very much one. Fine, not as solely mindset as Silva on doing so, but the scales tip back to CT, as he's more likely to have a shot on target.

As for Barry, I've long wanted Milner in that role. I think he has better tenacity, speed and forward thinking passes. But that would call for him swapping positions with Yaya. I'm not averse to such a thing happening. YT could still drive forward being on the left side, he's just a little deeper in doing so and Milner could be snapping away in the middle supporting NdJ when needing to do so. He has the engine, after all.

I see the reasoning behind the set up at the Dippers, so I'm not all crazy about what Mancini put out! I just expected better performances from the players wanting the chance to play.

Bigga said:
Tell me again where the supposed 'wrong combination' was...??

Barry and Ya Ya in the middle! It's so bloody obvious to anyone but you, it seems. Add this to Millner being played on the wing, where he has failed to produce all season. Added to this Johnson being played on his weaker side - instead of on his stronger side and against some 18 year old lad making his debut!

So bloody obvious!!!

I've not even bothered with the defence cos that would make you look silly.

Who has even been talking about the defence? And the only person who has made himself look silly is you.

So, tell me again that this combo would not be deemed able to grab a result at Dipperland, never mind West Brom??

Go and look in the Match Day thread for the Liverpool game. Search the posts pre game when the team was announced, and then come back here and post all the 'many' confident quotes from City fans saying they think the team Mancini selected was capable of getting a result.

Here's some for you:

Andouble said:
not starting Silva is such a risk.

Bluemoon115 said:
Felt more confident 5 mins ago. No Silva, no de Jong.

:|

Freestyler said:
Silva on the bench?

ffs, seriously.

i support mancini, but wtf is going on here?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
what the fuck Mancini? what the fuck?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=214197&start=170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=214197&start=170</a>

Ubiquitous said:
Blue Elmo said:
Obviously Mancini views Silva and NDJ as too important to risk injury against. Still a good team , still 4-4-2 which means we will be going at them . Lets hope we produce a similar performance as last week and hopefully we will see the best from Dzeko as he does like playing with another striker centrally . Let AJ run riot on the left against this young lad , he is bound to have some fortune off him. CTID
RISK?! We have a handful of games left, it's too late to be resting people and rotating them. This is bullshit!!!

niall_mcfc said:
Why do we need to rest players when we dont have another game for 5 days? We dont create anything when Silva isnt in the side. The only player that i would have 'rested' would have been Yaya simply because he looks out on his legs in every game after about 70 mins. We won 5-0 and put in our best performance so why change the team?

Typical Mancini!

doomuk said:
I know we need to rotate when were playing every 3 days but when were playing once per week and our last run out produced a 5-0 hammering I don't think we should be changing a winning team.

If it goes tits up tonight I will be placing the blame firmly at Bobbys feet.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=214197&start=230" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=214197&start=230</a>

So no - the overall concensus pre game was one of concern about the "combo" - not that it was one well capable of getting a result.

Are you suggesting that this is not a 'feasible team'??

Not when you deliberately leave your best two midfielders on the bench - NO!

Whingers before the Baggies game and whingers after the BC's game equals whingers silent for one game.

So Bobby ignores the whingers for the Sunderland game - we win 5-0, then decides to listen to them for the Liverpool game and changes a winning team?!

Are you seriously putting forward this bollocks?!

Give your head a wobble.

Your whole argument fooks up where Barry is concerned.

I'll not bother to tell you why, cos you obviously refuse to read!

As for 'ball winners', what are Barry and Milner and why are they in the England team??

de Jong is on another level, but as for so called first teamers staking a claim for position, they should have done better than that.

Again, for Silva, Tevez plays very much in a similar way, AGAIN with the added bonus of getting a shot on target more than DS would.

I can't explain it to you any more. You refuse to understand the point I'm making. In fact, don't bother responding, I can't converse with someone who refuses to try and understand why our manager put out that particular team.

Bigga said:
I can't explain it to you any more. You refuse to understand the point I'm making. In fact, don't bother responding, I can't converse with someone who refuses to try and understand why our manager put out that particular team.

Why the fuck should we understand when even the fucking manager admitted he fucked up!

ffs Bigga, what are you on?

blueinsa said:
Bigga said:

Why the fuck should we understand when even the fucking manager admitted he fucked up!

ffs Bigga, what are you on?

Right, I'm gonna play dumb.

What has he specified fooking up on?? As far as I know, he's been pretty vague, like it's personal to him, but YOU seem to know what it is. So, without guessing, explain to me specifically what it is!

Bigga said:

You mean you haven't so far?

No De Jong, no Silva, BIG mistake.

The midfield combination of Yaya and Barry is way too slow and just gets over run. De Jong is the best in the business at breaking things up yet he drops him to the bench for Barry who frankly breaks fuck all up he is that slow!

No Silva? The man he did an interview on earlier in the week claiming he is our one and only real playmaker and the guy that makes us tick going forward yet he then drops him and yes, you guessed it we are completely impotent in attack.

You can argue about Johnson playing on the wrong side and Milner being miss used as well but for me, De Jong and Silva on the bench against a Liverpool side that has beaten Chelsea and the rags recently was a ridiculous call to make and a fucking huge mistake.

Week earlier we play what the fans have asked for. We play a 4-4-2 with a midfield 2 of Yaya and De Jong with AJ and Silva providing width but also allowing Silva to float in attack and provide us with some guile. Team looks happy, team looks confident in the system and players look to enjoy their roles for once and hey presto we romp to arguably our best performance of the season. Then against Liverpool he completely has a brain fart and reverts to type and hey presto, team looks pissed off, team looks demotivated, players look lost and like they couldn't give a fuck and we do fuck all for 90 minutes and we get raped 3-0!

He fucked up and he admitted as much. What more do you want and what are you trying to prove here by arguing against?

blueinsa said:
Bigga said:

You mean you haven't so far?

No De Jong, no Silva, BIG mistake.

The midfield combination of Yaya and Barry is way too slow and just gets over run. De Jong is the best in the business at breaking things up yet he drops him to the bench for Barry who frankly breaks fuck all up he is that slow!

No Silva? The man he did an interview on earlier in the week claiming he is our one and only real playmaker and the guy that makes us tick going forward yet he then drops him and yes, you guessed it we are completely impotent in attack.

You can argue about Johnson playing on the wrong side and Milner being miss used as well but for me, De Jong and Silva on the bench against a Liverpool side that has beaten Chelsea and the rags recently was a ridiculous call to make and a fucking huge mistake.

Week earlier we play what the fans have asked for. We play a 4-4-2 with a midfield 2 of Yaya and De Jong with AJ and Silva providing width but also allowing Silva to float in attack and provide us with some guile. Team looks happy, team looks confident in the system and players look to enjoy their roles for once and hey presto we romp to arguably our best performance of the season. Then against Liverpool he completely has a brain fart and reverts to type and hey presto, team looks pissed off, team looks demotivated, players look lost and like they couldn't give a fuck and we do fuck all for 90 minutes and we get raped 3-0!

He fucked up and he admitted as much. What more do you want and what are you trying to prove here by arguing against?

Didn't I say not to guess??

All you've given me is speculation about the team and not what Mancini is thinking, because he's offered no evidence on what's he's thinking about the matter. So, all that typed above is just a waste of time because nothing as solid proof has been forthcoming.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Bigga said:

We know - you've been doing it through this whole sorry thread.

Think I'll ignore your continued dickishness.

In fact, the pair of you wads are unoriginal in insult. I knew what I wrote and left it out there to see if it would be used.

And see how easy it was to pander to tiny minds...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.