An Evening With Manchester City Legends - 6th May at the Opera House

They should get James H Reeve as presenter, I’d go to that. Probably be Hugh ferret or someone like that. Hope they don’t move City v Wolves to Monday night football

Peter Reid a City legend? Everton legend more like. Bit part player for us and decent manager for a couple of years?
I understand he's not many people's hero, but four years at City, 130 games as manager, and back to back 5th place finishes.

We only finished above 10th three times in the thirty years before the takeover, and half of those were under Reid. Would have got us into Europe, if not for the ban, so not all bad.

I understand he's not many people's hero, but four years at City, 130 games as manager, and back to back 5th place finishes.

We only finished above 10th three times in the thirty years before the takeover, and half of those were under Reid. Would have got us into Europe, if not for the ban, so not all bad.
No he wasn’t bad, just not what I’d call a City legend. He did ok though

Yeah, but come on. Do you seriously think that qualifies him for legend status? If you compare him to Alan Ball or Frank Clark, then maybe. Otherwise, no; no chance.

Peter Reid a City legend? Everton legend more like. Bit part player for us and decent manager for a couple of years?
To be fair none of em are legends - it’s one of the most ridiculously wrongly used words in the football fan’s vocabulary.

That said, anyone who was at Villa Park that afternoon when he slotted home that late winner wouldn’t begrudge Reidy a drink or two on us

Yeah, but come on. Do you seriously think that qualifies him for legend status? If you compare him to Alan Ball or Frank Clark, then maybe. Otherwise, no; no chance.
Legend is clearly overused these days - but it seems harsh to single him out, when he was the manager for our most successful period in thirty years. Are any of the players or managers from that period bona-fide legends?

Legend is clearly overused these days - but it seems harsh to single him out, when he was the manager for our most successful period in thirty years. Are any of the players or managers from that period bona-fide legends?
Some of them have cult status (Goater being the obvious one, along with Dickov, both of them arguably attaining that status on the back of single goals). I wouldn't call them legends. Others may do so; that's their choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.