An Important Message For Cyclists

As far as I know cyclists dont need to take a cycling test, maybe they should, might save a few lives.
Taking a test doesn't seem to save drivers' lives.

There's always the CPT, or Bikeability, which you should do, at least to make you more aware of the dangers of the road. But... it's a bike; it's about as difficult to learn as walking.

As far as I know cyclists dont need to take a cycling test, maybe they should, might save a few lives.
The problem being is the more you legislate, the more it will discourage active travel, which in turn will have an impact on the overall health of the nation. It will actually cost lives in the long run.

Much more effective to focus on the main cause of the problem, motorists, who are responsible for on average 5 deaths EVERY SINGLE DAY on the UK's roads.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by behaving badly. In the example video just posted it could be they were filtering to the front of the queue, which they are allowed to do if it’s safe, but then perhaps one decides “sod it, nothing coming” so makes the decision to jump the light, and the others follow. I wouldn’t think that any of them would be thinking of doing likewise in a vehicle. More likely they are wearing clips and trying to avoid unclipping, I see it all the time.
I can only speak for myself, but as a cyclist I always stop at red lights, give way to pedestrians, stop for horses on bridleways etc. I try to be equally as courteous when driving. As for the four cyclists in the video, to go through a red light whilst turning right at a crossroads is dangerous, you can see how busy the adjacent road is after they’ve turned. Jumping a red light, especially on a bike, is always going to be a risk and fraught with danger. They all look like experienced cyclists so should have no issues with unclipping from their pedals, either that or do a track stand.

I’m a cyclist and a driver gave up on the roads when I got knocked off and a broken shoulder….he stopped…did you not see me indicate?….we I would have if you did….but…you’re supposed to look before you turn mate…..

I’m a cyclist and a driver gave up on the roads when I got knocked off and a broken shoulder….he stopped…did you not see me indicate?….we I would have if you did….but…you’re supposed to look before you turn mate…..
Drivers all too often think that them putting on their indicator automatically changes the priority.

I can only speak for myself, but as a cyclist I always stop at red lights, give way to pedestrians, stop for horses on bridleways etc. I try to be equally as courteous when driving. As for the four cyclists in the video, to go through a red light whilst turning right at a crossroads is dangerous, you can see how busy the adjacent road is after they’ve turned. Jumping a red light, especially on a bike, is always going to be a risk and fraught with danger. They all look like experienced cyclists so should have no issues with unclipping from their pedals, either that or do a track stand.
I don’t disagree but I still think the driving experience is so different to the cycling experience that being daft in one activity doesn’t mean the same person will be similarly stupid in the other. I’ve been a cyclist too in the past, but most drivers haven’t and don’t understand why cyclists do some of the things they do.

Do wear a helmet, don’t wear lycra, and don’t go through red lights. Apparently if all cyclists did these things then all drivers would be calm and courteous.

I agree that cyclists should abide by the rules of the road but why does them risking only their own lives (when it IS only their own lives) make car drivers so angry? Seems like every driver has an inner Clarkson they need to channel.
Moronic post.
Innocent People have been killed by cunts cycling on the pavement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.