An Important Message For Cyclists

if they work in A&E, i'd say they are affected by lots of people not doing the basics of safety
Ideally everyone should wear hi-vis vests in low light areas, but we don't make it a law, which is the point. It's advisory, one people should follow, but not a "law". Otherwise, drivers must also wear helmets while driving to limit the impact of head injuries in collisions.

The worst offenders when I'm up in Manchester seem to be the Deliveroo / Just Eat / Uber Eats delivery cyclists.
When I'm walking to and from the Aquatics Centre up Oxford Road, I've got to be super careful crossing at pedestrian crossings as these cyclists just completely ignore the traffic lights.
I appreciate these guys are on "gig economy" minimum wage payments, and many may be relatively new to the country, but there can't be an excuse for failing to even attempt to slow down approaching a red light.

The worst offenders when I'm up in Manchester seem to be the Deliveroo / Just Eat / Uber Eats delivery cyclists.
When I'm walking to and from the Aquatics Centre up Oxford Road, I've got to be super careful crossing at pedestrian crossings as these cyclists just completely ignore the traffic lights.
I appreciate these guys are on "gig economy" minimum wage payments, and many may be relatively new to the country, but there can't be an excuse for failing to even attempt to slow down approaching a red light.
They're the ones that SHOULD wear protection. I don't ant blood on my pizza.

These home food delivery services need knocking on the head. People DO realise when the driver gets hungry they munch on your food with their unwashed hands, don’t they? And they piss in bottles and put the bottles in the footwell next to your food.

You can’t prove it doesn’t happen!

;)

These home food delivery services need knocking on the head. People DO realise when the driver gets hungry they munch on your food with their unwashed hands, don’t they? And they piss in bottles and put the bottles in the footwell next to your food.

You can’t prove it doesn’t happen!

;)

I don't really get why people who live in town and city centres need to use them anyway.
It doesn't take long to rustle up a quick meal & if you don't have the time or fancy some fast food, why not just walk to the outlet yourself?
I appreciate the need for these services in rural areas and for those with mobility issues, but it smacks of absolute laziness the requirement to use these services in urban areas.

Ideally everyone should wear hi-vis vests in low light areas, but we don't make it a law, which is the point. It's advisory, one people should follow, but not a "law". Otherwise, drivers must also wear helmets while driving to limit the impact of head injuries in collisions.

*gasp* It's almost as if the safety measures thought up to protect us aren't 100% guarenteed to protect us!

Imagine making such practices law, taking responsibility away from the individuals hands, putting them at an unnecessary risk.

*gasp* It's almost as if the safety measures thought up to protect us aren't 100% guarenteed to protect us!

Imagine making such practices law, taking responsibility away from the individuals hands, putting them at an unnecessary risk.
The fact the driver got away with it, despite not driving to the conditions, and the cyclist doing everything they could to try and protect themselves is beyond me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.