An open letter to Garry Cook......

Roberto Mancini said:
Move the fuck on..Hughes was a nobody in managerial terms
This is football and everyone knows managers live and die by results and pick up big cheques and another job in months.

Some people must live really a very sheltered life if this causes upset

i miss the days when we were shit
all we ever seem to do these days is moan about something, whether it's Hughes leaving, How we handled it, the new manager, i mean f**k me we didn't moan this much when we had Gorgeous George and Corradi upfront.
Just leave the running of the club to the owners, we cant do anything about it can we . . lets just support the team and get behind them, thats what supporting this fantastic club is all about

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Cheesy said:
Did you ask them all?
I rarely hear anyone wanting Hughes out at games, the fact the majority were singing "Hughesy give us a wave" also backs my point. I'm not saying everyone there, but the majority were backing Hughes and even some that wern't still think it's a disgrace how the whole situation has been handled. This is the only place I've heard all the Hughes out shite tbh.

47,000 City fans could have wanted Hughes to stay.

But if the most important ONE didn't then that's all that matters.

We all celebrated being taken over by the richest financial backer in the history of football, yet now we have acres of whinging cry babies sulking because we were really, really horrid to that nice Mr Hughes.

We took the money and the price was that we left it to businessmen to run the club rather than sports outfitters, sheet music salesman, fashion gurus and bog roll manufacturers.

You're not seriously suggesting we were better off with that lot?

Be grateful for what we have because the alternative is to end up like Leeds United!

Cheesy said:
Did you ask them all?
I rarely hear anyone wanting Hughes out at games, the fact the majority were singing "Hughesy give us a wave" also backs my point. I'm not saying everyone there, but the majority were backing Hughes and even some that wern't still think it's a disgrace how the whole situation has been handled. This is the only place I've heard all the Hughes out shite tbh.

I was a 'Hughes Doubter' for a while and have mentioned it on here a few times. However, I've never resorted to it at a game because that would just be counter productive.

cleavers said:
I rarely hear anyone wanting Hughes out at games
Same here, but then most are supporting the team, guys I know, and go with, support the team, but were still critical away from the game. Funny that.
Okay then, no-one I've spoke to at games, none of the people that sit near me, none of my mates that go, none of my dad's mates that go have ever said Hughes should go, and you'd expect at least one too. Like I said the only place I read it is on here and they can be any rag/wum/randomer behind the username. I'm not saying everyone was behind him, but the majority were.

To be fair to cook and the rest of the board, we didnt really have anybody to fill a caretaker role at the club. Most of the backroom staff were hughes appointments and were likely to leave if he was sacked so the most viable option would have been to get a new man to take over straight away, not to have a 3 week period without any man in charge whilst we interview candidates.

Boz said:
Agree with the sentiments in your letter.

Re Cook, he was in on the appointment of Hughes, albeit when we were looking for a manager who could do a job on limited resources. If he'd vehemently disagreed with the decision to get rid, he could have quit himself. I think it's a fairly safe bet that he agreed with it, whether he was the instigator of the move to oust Hughes or that came from higher up is hard to say.
However, the spineless way in which he apparently didn't tell all the players about the axing and his failure to make himself available for questions, as the most senior member of the club around yesterday, instead opting to hide behind the chairman's statement on the website, as the shambles unfolded was pathetic. This lack of balls coupled with some of the fiascos he's been involved with in his time in post makes me agree with Stirlingblue that it's time to ship Cook out

Totally agree .

cleavers said:
Same here, but then most are supporting the team, guys I know, and go with, support the team, but were still critical away from the game. Funny that.
Okay then, no-one I've spoke to at games, none of the people that sit near me, none of my mates that go, none of my dad's mates that go have ever said Hughes should go, and you'd expect at least one too. Like I said the only place I read it is on here and they can be any rag/wum/randomer behind the username. I'm not saying everyone was behind him, but the majority were.

It was about 50/50 there was a poll here and until we beat chelsea it was 33/66 if you include on the fence as not sure, and thats the point it was also 66/33 if you include those on the fence on his side, so about 33% didn't actually know.

The bottom line is he's gone, because the owner who put his money where his mouth is decreed it, so if we support the club we should move on.

2 wins in the last 11 games, 14 points out of 33 possible, 9 goals conceded in the last 3 games, and 4 wins in 26 away games, points to why that decision was made, not one of those FACTS points to top 6 (or 4).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.