An Open Letter to Mr Osborne

Another thing that Germany have that we don't have is the government owned Kfw bank.

It was formed after WWII as part of the Marshal plan.

It supplies finance for SME's and infrastructure projects.

ElanJo said:
How does a free market (not that ours has been free) make the man on the street pay?

The wealth inequalities for a start.

The average man is also paying for the excesses of the capitalists by having the burden of the govts cuts thrust more opon them.

I take it you love the concept of the free market, can you explain to me why the USA grew its economy the best when its highest rate of tax was over 70%

I hear lots about freeing the wealth creators and reducing the burden of tax on them and wealth will flow through society. This is just prove to be wrong, it doesnt, all it means is the wealth gets hidden in tax havens. So surely the higher rate of tax the righ wealth creators pay makes them work harder to create wealth and the country benefits as they pay more tax. Its simple really.

Rascal said:
ElanJo said:
How does a free market (not that ours has been free) make the man on the street pay?

The average man is also paying for the excesses of the capitalists by having the burden of the govts cuts thrust more opon them.

I take it you love the concept of the free market, can you explain to me why the USA grew its economy the best when its highest rate of tax was over 70%

I hear lots about freeing the wealth creators and reducing the burden of tax on them and wealth will flow through society. This is just prove to be wrong, it doesnt, all it means is the wealth gets hidden in tax havens. So surely the higher rate of tax the righ wealth creators pay makes them work harder to create wealth and the country benefits as they pay more tax. Its simple really.

lol noone paid 70%. The greatest economic growth came when gov spending was extremely low. Besides, you can have a free market and high taxes. You'll stifle the economy and eventually force people overseas but it's possible.

A free market may not create a society where everyone has the same amount of wealth (an impossible and stupid goal) but it would not create the kind of inequality we see today. Much of the extreme concentrated wealth we see today is a result of people using the government, not free and open trade.

Rascal said:
I hear lots about freeing the wealth creators and reducing the burden of tax on them and wealth will flow through society. This is just prove to be wrong, it doesnt, all it means is the wealth gets hidden in tax havens.

This makes no sense. Why would wealth get hidden in "tax havens" if there was little to no tax burden. I mean, you're arguing for high taxation, right? The argument applies to you not me.

And what do you think people do with money? Do you think that they swim about in it like Scrooge McDuck or something? No, they tend to invest it, which I'm sure you'd agree is a good thing.

Anyway, I do not think "reducing the burden of tax" is the be all and end all like some. The biggest thing is to dismantle barriers to entry for all (potential employers and employees)

Rascal said:
So surely the higher rate of tax the righ wealth creators pay makes them work harder to create wealth and the country benefits as they pay more tax. Its simple really.

Naive. Let's make taxation 99%

ElanJo said:
Rascal said:
ElanJo said:

lol noone paid 70%. The greatest economic growth came when gov spending was extremely low. Besides, you can have a free market and high taxes. You'll stifle the economy and eventually force people overseas but it's possible.

A free market may not create a society where everyone has the same amount of wealth (an impossible and stupid goal) but it would not create the kind of inequality we see today. Much of the extreme concentrated wealth we see today is a result of people using the government, not free and open trade.

Rascal said:
I hear lots about freeing the wealth creators and reducing the burden of tax on them and wealth will flow through society. This is just prove to be wrong, it doesnt, all it means is the wealth gets hidden in tax havens.

This makes no sense. Why would wealth get hidden in "tax havens" if there was little to no tax burden. I mean, you're arguing for high taxation, right? The argument applies to you not me.

And what do you think people do with money? Do you think that they swim about in it like Scrooge McDuck or something? No, they tend to invest it, which I'm sure you'd agree is a good thing.

Anyway, I do not think "reducing the burden of tax" is the be all and end all like some. The biggest thing is to dismantle barriers to entry for all (potential employers and employees)

Rascal said:
So surely the higher rate of tax the righ wealth creators pay makes them work harder to create wealth and the country benefits as they pay more tax. Its simple really.

Naive. Let's make taxation 99%

lets not bother working at all

Bank Of England giving Gideon a kicking at the moment yet Cameron has decided he's still the best man for the job. Nowt like looking after your mates is there...

mat said:
Bank Of England giving Gideon a kicking at the moment yet Cameron has decided he's still the best man for the job. Nowt like looking after your mates is there...

It's so they can both get their jobs at the big banks once they get kicked out at the next election.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.