1. Vladimir Weiss

2. Gai Assulin

3. Joan Roman

4. Alex Henshall

5. Jeremy Helan

6. Adam Drury

7. Bradley Robinson

8. George King

Why look further afield when we have some decent ones already at the club?

Some of these lads haven't even reached reserve level regularly yet and play in the under-18s, there is no way they're ready.

Weiss might be able to play a part as a squad player but he is not a top class winger and we'd still need someone better.

Roman might be worth a run in cup games but for now a loan move is better for him just to gauge how good he is currently.

Assulin isn't really a winger and is currently struggling for a game at Portsmouth.

Helan made no impression on loan at League One side Carlisle and is not good enough to play for our first team.

Henshall has potential but really, a player still inconsistent at under-18s level playing in the Premier League?

George King is being released by the club

I'm all for giving kids a chance but for a winger, we'll have to buy as we have no real standouts in this position at youth level. If we had someone like Raheem Sterling or Nathan Redmond in our youth system then yeah...

Quality post. Agree with all of it apart from I'm convinced that Vlad doesn't have enough quality to be. Squad player for us....

I think 'we need wingers' is a bit of a red herring. We have the players, but we need to play faster football. Simplistic I know, but speedy attack is what we are missing. One paced all too often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.