An Update (of sorts)...

Hulkster said:
Plus Eto'o has spent his whole career in Italy and has never produced at the top level.

Oh, wait...

Eto'o did however screw us around big time and rightly got himself blackballed by the board.

The thing with Eto'o is that City value Carlos at 50 million pounds. Eto'o, with the best will in the world, isn't worth more than 30 million tops. That leaves a 20 million adjustment which Inter aren't going to pay - which is why they are floating this idea of a 'straight' swap. City are no mugs and aren't just going to bend over to accomodate Kia/Carlos or Inter...

Thank you Billy, very much appreciated.

As regards Samir Nasri, was he the player that Baconface stated is not McTrafford bound, as he seemed to think he was he was heading elsewhere? He said this around 3 weeks ago. Possibly longer.

You have to start to think that Fabregas might just be saying at the Emirates and that funds from the sale of the Frenchman will be used to fund replacements.

Meanwhile, I'm just happy to leave the other purchase, the central midfield player, to the people spending the dosh, and wait for the official announcement.

Midfielders who I'd be very happy to see wearing the Sky Blue shirt are Keita, Xavi, Modric, Montolivo, Busquets, Javi Martinez, Ozil or Gotze.

BillyShears said:
The thing with Eto'o is that City value Carlos at 50 million pounds. Eto'o, with the best will in the world, isn't worth more than 30 million tops. That leaves a 20 million adjustment which Inter aren't going to pay - which is why they are floating this idea of a 'straight' swap. City are no mugs and aren't just going to bend over to accomodate Kia/Carlos or Inter...
There is simply no way that Tevez is worth £50m. No one will pay that (or anything close to it) for him.

Re: Re: An Update (of sorts)...

Watching_Swede said:
BillyShears said:
I realize there's individual threads on these subjects but I've had a bit of an update from someone I know...to be clear before the abuse starts...I can say it's someone who's information has stood up time and time again. Anyway here goes...
Nasri - cash bid has been made and City are "confident" the deal is going to get done.
Eto'o - Absolute no go from the board and Roberto's been vetoed.
Instead the board are keen on adding another att midfield player and as such have opened tentative talks with a n other club (not Inter/Sneijder). Reading between the lines, since he (my friend) resolutely refused to name the player, it's a "name" player.
Anyway, mods feel free to merge with whatever thread you want....and, cue the abuse!
Well written, good logic, could all be true!
Who is mr X? Kaka? Deal with Adebayor?
the logic of the resident Mancini hater

Eto'o comes - Mancini rides rough shod over the board
Eto'o doesn't come - the Board puts Mancini in his place

the logic of the City supporter

Eto'o comes - top class manager persuades another top class striker to join us
Eto doesn't come - Mancini has other plans!

Didsbury Dave said:
Very pleased with the boards decision on eto

Me too. It always seemed like a strange move. We have 3 top strikers in Aguero, Balo, Dzeko already. It's extremely rare to see a club with more than that. The 4th striker is usually a young talent (e.g. Bojan for Barca) or an experienced pro (e.g. Owen for United). In both cases, they have to be willing to spend most of the season on the bench. While you could in theory class Balo as 'young talent', I doubt he'd be happy playing only 15-20 games.

It seems bizarre to me that fellow posters aren't more concerned with our midfield options, and I'm very glad the board seem to have picked up on the problem (if Billy's info is correct). Teams that are successful in all competitions always have an absolute shedload of central midfielders. Take United, and compare to ours:

Man United: Anderson, Gibson, Carrick, Giggs, Park, Fletcher, Cleverley (looks good enough to step up), *looking to add to another*
City: De Jong, Yaya Toure, Barry, Milner, *looking to add Nasri*. (Some may say Silva but his game is suited to the position he plays now, as a drifting trequartista).

Now obviously Gibson and Anderson are fucking awful, and Carrick isn't much better. But the point is that they have strength in depth. Gibson, as terrible as he is, was able to slot into one of the central 3 spots against lower Prem teams last season, and so long as Park or Giggs were alongside him, they'd do fine.

We don't have the numbers to rotate. And it's a big problem. That period after Christmas where it all briefly went pear-shaped is, in my opinion, directly attributable to the injury De Jong suffered. Yaya and Barry were playing every 3 days and looked knackered; Vieira and Milner did ok, but tended to need someone better playing alongside them. Now we've lost Vieira, without replacing him. I repeat: it's a big problem.

richards30 said:
Rodenberger10 said:
Craggers said:
I was reading FBlokes twitter posts the other day and he also alluded to something along these lines.

He mentioned the press are all too busy being caught up in the Nasri deal, they are possibly missing the boat on an bigger deal.

He also mentioned he received info to keep an eye on Barca and nothing more.

Mancini, himself said 2 other players ... 1 being a winger (Nasri) and the other being more central. Add to the fact Fibreglass is fairly sure to join Barca, then that midfield is looking awfully crowded :-)

I have heard this also re barca but it was months ago (at the end of the season). My friend works for liverpool tv. I will not tell you his name but he said he had been told by a couple of spanish media sources that xavi is on his way to city once barca get fabregas.

I have not said anything before because i myself dont believe the information my friend was given but seeing as though it has come up at this stage i thought it was worth mentioning to see if anyone else had any info.
seriously????? fuckin hell mate if we got xavi it would be almost unreal!!!! imagine a team that had xavi,yaya,silva,aguero,de jong and maybe eto`o in???? jesus!!!

iv heard similar.
page 8 i think i said xavi, just to prove not jumping on band-wagon.
fabregas to barca , xavi to city.
we will see .

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Me too. It always seemed like a strange move. We have 3 top strikers in Aguero, Balo, Dzeko already. It's extremely rare to see a club with more than that. The 4th striker is usually a young talent (e.g. Bojan for Barca) .

shit it's kalou

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Me too. It always seemed like a strange move. We have 3 top strikers in Aguero, Balo, Dzeko already. It's extremely rare to see a club with more than that. The 4th striker is usually a young talent (e.g. Bojan for Barca) or an experienced pro (e.g. Owen for United). In both cases, they have to be willing to spend most of the season on the bench. While you could in theory class Balo as 'young talent', I doubt he'd be happy playing only 15-20 games.

Balotelli's idiosyncrasy is that he can play as an inside forward/orthodox winger. The enigma is what kind of role Aguero's going to have in the club. If he's not a tevez replacement, then he's almost certainly bound for an analogous role to Balo (assuming he's truly ambidextrous). If he is, then that would exhibit his world distinguishing talents.

So, Theoretically, we could viably field 3 forwards almost every important game. Dzeko or Tevez/replacement would alternate depending on what sort of style the opponents warrant. More than enough space for 4 class forwards IMO. Dzeko's probably going to be fielded the least (although he'll be fielded frequently).

Ineista is not very exciting. surely we should be all out for barton ?

omg i hope it's not barton billy ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.