An Update (of sorts)...

BlueMark said:
BlueJill said:
Rodenberger10 said:
thats why i didnt believe as xavi is unbelievable but he is mr barca and their captain. I would love to see him here though!

guy lives with his mom. if anyone is coming from barca its iniesta.

I think you have hit the nail on the head here...... currently we are not quite ready to prize top players away from Barca. Give us another 12 mths with a strong CL run and maybe the title then people will take us VERY seriously. As yet I think we still need a little more end product before the likes of Xavi, Iniesta etc come to us.

Good shout BlueMark, unfortunately I think you are right, but as you say, give us time!!!

waspish said:
Ragnarok said:
Going on the Barca link , could be Pedro?

Now he's a top notch player I'd love him at our club

I dont think either Xavi or Iniesta will come here . But as far as Pedro is concerned , it strikes me as a possibility but then again they recently extended his contract till 2016 so maybe not.

I actually heard the Iniesta rumour last summer. Apparently Barry has always been considered a stop gap.

I highly doubt it though. He is a SUPERSTAR at the peak of his career, he is FAR SUPERIOR to Fabregas.

Ibrahim Affelay maybe, I like him.

Dobsy said:
I actually heard the Iniesta rumour last summer. Apparently Barry has always been considered a stop gap.

I highly doubt it though. He is a SUPERSTAR at the peak of his career, he is FAR SUPERIOR to Fabregas.

Ibrahim Affelay maybe, I like him.

If we are going in for a defensive midfielder then Busquets is a good shout IMO

Barcelona will never sell Iniesta or Xavi. Xavi is their symbol and Iniesta is twice the player of Fabregas. Why would they even consider selling him?

Why do they even need Fabregas anyway, Thiago is definitely going to be the better player.

The only Barcelona midfielders we have a slight chance of getting is Afellay, Keita and Pedro (maybe).

BlueJill said:
lancs blue said:
I'm disappointed with the reported attitude to the Eto'o deal, a bit short-sighted IMO, we really do need to offload Tevez if at all possible or he'll be hanging around like the smell in Balo's car and there doesn't seem to be too much interest in him.

Happy about Nasri if he's willing to come.

I would say it is "long-sighted". Buying Eto'o makes no sense for the long term future of the club.

Eto'o is a top class striker who could fire us to more major trophies and hence bigger worldwide "brand exposure" to use Cookie-speak. At present we have (excluding Tevez) three highly talented but quite young strikers, Eto'os experience could help them enormously in their development as well as his ability helping the club win trophies.

lancs blue said:
BlueJill said:
lancs blue said:
I'm disappointed with the reported attitude to the Eto'o deal, a bit short-sighted IMO, we really do need to offload Tevez if at all possible or he'll be hanging around like the smell in Balo's car and there doesn't seem to be too much interest in him.

Happy about Nasri if he's willing to come.

I would say it is "long-sighted". Buying Eto'o makes no sense for the long term future of the club.

Eto'o is a top class striker who could fire us to more major trophies and hence bigger worldwide "brand exposure" to use Cookie-speak. At present we have (excluding Tevez) three highly talented but quite young strikers, Eto'os experience could help them enormously in their development as well as his ability helping the club win trophies.

I think we have (or will in 2 weeks) all the talent we need to get those trophies. The only competition we currently aren't at least considered legit contenders for is the CL. I wouldn't consider Dzeko quite young and Aguero, while young, has a ton of experience that belies his age.

Bottom line, I wouldn't take any player past their late 20s from Italy. The step up to the Premier league is significant and you won't get what you paid for.

Plus Eto'o has spent his whole career in Italy and has never produced at the top level.

Oh, wait...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.