An Update (of sorts)...

BillyShears said:
Mancio said:
BillyShears said:
Arsenal have just drawn Udinese for their CL qualifier. Outside of Kazan, the toughest team they could've gotten. With Nasri and RVP suspended for the first leg, and the question mark hanging of Cesc...twitchy bum time at the Emirates. Udinese could turn them over...

it's better if arsenal win and go on in the CL. it's important that they have two difficult games and not a walk in the park.

If they lose they go into the Europa league automatically...which will be arguably even tougher for them.

europa league isnt half tough of what cl is

Mancio said:
BillyShears said:
Arsenal have just drawn Udinese for their CL qualifier. Outside of Kazan, the toughest team they could've gotten. With Nasri and RVP suspended for the first leg, and the question mark hanging of Cesc...twitchy bum time at the Emirates. Udinese could turn them over...

it's better if arsenal win and go on in the CL. it's important that they have two difficult games and not a walk in the park.

But NOT qualifying for the Champions league will cause more psychological damage to them.

Matty said:
WTGD!! said:
alera said:
It's inter taking us for mugs. Why the fuck would we swap macion for tevez when we have two better right backs many years younger proven in our league. Why the fuck would we swap him for ? It's an insult to even suggest such an offer.

In fact why the fuck would we do any business at all with an Italian club in this climate the country is on the brink of bankruptcy and defaulting on all their debts.

Even if we sold tevez to inter I would demand every single penny of the transfer fee upfront. It is a fact that they can't be trusted topaz their debts at this stage

Over the top mate. Inter are an institution of Italian football, based in the heart of the capital. They will never be allowed to go bankrupt

And here was me under the impression that the capital of Italy was Rome.

No..the capital of Italy is Mancio. ;)

samharris said:
Matty said:
WTGD!! said:
Over the top mate. Inter are an institution of Italian football, based in the heart of the capital. They will never be allowed to go bankrupt

No..the capital of Italy is Mancio. ;)

yeah i'm berlusconi in disguise LOL

Mancio said:

Mentally it's much tougher - particularly for teams like Arsenal as they don't want to be there or expect to be there. Plus you've got less recovery time than the CL...it's not an advantage to be in the EL imo...but lets see - maybe they'll comfortably beat Udinese...

BillyShears said:
Mancio said:

Mentally it's much tougher - particularly for teams like Arsenal as they don't want to be there or expect to be there. Plus you've got less recovery time than the CL...it's not an advantage to be in the EL imo...but lets see - maybe they'll comfortably beat Udinese...

also this given udinese has sold their 3 better players

Tevez City said:
Mancio said:
BillyShears said:

But NOT qualifying for the Champions league will cause more psychological damage to them.

Its not just psychological though-theres the little matter of 30-40 million down the pan if they dont get CL qualification.

Id say its even more nailed on now they will cash in on Fibreglass and Nasri.

Can you imagine 30-40 million down plus keeping Nasri,possibly losing 20 million in a transfer fee on top?

That would mean meltdown at the Emirates

If Kroenke has any brains he will see the writing that could be on the wall,Billy is right,Udinese could dump Arsenal out of the CL.

Matty said:
WTGD!! said:
alera said:
It's inter taking us for mugs. Why the fuck would we swap macion for tevez when we have two better right backs many years younger proven in our league. Why the fuck would we swap him for ? It's an insult to even suggest such an offer.

In fact why the fuck would we do any business at all with an Italian club in this climate the country is on the brink of bankruptcy and defaulting on all their debts.

Even if we sold tevez to inter I would demand every single penny of the transfer fee upfront. It is a fact that they can't be trusted topaz their debts at this stage

Footballing Capital ;-)

Rome is a poor mans Milan in terms of football

BillyShears said:
L'Equipe this morning says that Arsenal have agreed to sell to City at 22 million euros. Good source.

Arsenal serait moins déterminé à conserver envers et contre tout Samir Nasri, chassé par Manchester City. La position d'Arsène Wenger, qui avait réaffirmé le 11 juillet que l'ancien Marseillais ne partirait pas, semble avoir évolué. Le risque d'un moindre investissement du milieu français aurait contribué à infléchir la position du patron sportif des Gunners. Le club de Londres a d'ailleurs peut-être trouvé son remplaçant avec l'espagnol de Valence Mata (23 ans).

Translated to English it says:

Arsenal would be less determined to preserve against all odds Samir Nasri, chased by Manchester City. The position of Arsene Wenger, who had reaffirmed on July 11 that the former Marseille would not go away, seems to have evolved. The risk of lower investment environment have contributed to French influence the position of Sports Gunners boss. The London club also may have found his replacement with the Spanish in Valencia Mata (23).

I'm not sure how much truth there is to that given these recent headlines on the Mata deal from newest to oldest:

- Arsenal boss Wenger rethinks spending big on Mata
- Arsenal boss Wenger not panicking after missing Mata transfer deadline
- Wenger tightlipped on Arsenal targets Mata, Jagielka
- Arsenal fear late Man City bid to hijack Mata signing
- Arsenal confident deal in place for Valencia star Juan Mata

Started out they were a shoe-in for Mata, now they don't know if he's worth the money.

BlueJill said:
Rodenberger10 said:
thats why i didnt believe as xavi is unbelievable but he is mr barca and their captain. I would love to see him here though!

guy lives with his mom. if anyone is coming from barca its iniesta.

I've got a feeling about Iniesta over Xavi.

Apart from anything, Xavi will be 32 in January, Iniesta's just 27.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.