An Update (of sorts)...

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
Interesting news Billy. Not surprised that the Eto'o idea got binned as it did smack of a 'one last payday' job. This may be doing Eto'o a disservice but not worth the gamble to find out.

Nasri I am simply not confident he will join but lets hope he does.

I'm calm about Nasri. Helps being in France where there isn't an overt anti City or pro rag agenda. Most football commentators out here are being told that the deal between Nasri and City was done weeks ago which I do believe.

That Nasri and City have agreed terms I can well believe. I just didn't see Wenger agreeing to a sale especially if Fabregas goes. Anyway lets hope it does happen and interesting point on the French media. Anymore interesting titbits let us know

I'm disappointed with the reported attitude to the Eto'o deal, a bit short-sighted IMO, we really do need to offload Tevez if at all possible or he'll be hanging around like the smell in Balo's car and there doesn't seem to be too much interest in him.

Happy about Nasri if he's willing to come.

Braggster said:
BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
Interesting news Billy. Not surprised that the Eto'o idea got binned as it did smack of a 'one last payday' job. This may be doing Eto'o a disservice but not worth the gamble to find out.

Nasri I am simply not confident he will join but lets hope he does.

I'm calm about Nasri. Helps being in France where there isn't an overt anti City or pro rag agenda. Most football commentators out here are being told that the deal between Nasri and City was done weeks ago which I do believe.
Definitely agree about the deal between City and Nasri.

Do you want Nasri? I feel we need strengthening in that area, just not quite sure he's the right player.

On balance I am disappointed about Eto'o. I fear that Carlos may be something of a millstone this season.

Hmm, I know what you mean about Nasri. He has a reputation for being a bit of an insular moody fucker. He's also, whether we like it or not, only had one good season at Arsenal. Before that he'd been distinctly average. So honestly, I don't know. I think City's interest is probably being driven by Marwood and by virtue of the fact that whilst a relatively unproven Pastore is moving for 40 odd million euros, Nasri can be picked up at half that price as a 'proven' premiership performer.

The Eto'o thing....I never thought it'd happen because of his age. It's just really bad business. I actually am not too worried about Carlos coming back. There's 3 weeks for him to find himself a club, and if he doesn't then I'm sure that City will hold Kia to his recent comments about the player respecting his contract.

I'm getting the impression City don't expect him to leave, and Mancini (contrary to what a lot of people are saying) certainly doesn't want him to leave. He's been adamant in recent weeks/months that he wants 4 strikers. Makes far more sense to keep him than send him out on loan to please him and then have to go back into the market ourselves. I can even envisage a scenario where Carlos is given even more "family time" in the upcoming season now that Aguero's in and Dzeko hopefully is settling.

BillyShears said:
I realize there's individual threads on these subjects but I've had a bit of an update from someone I know...to be clear before the abuse starts...I can say it's someone who's information has stood up time and time again. Anyway here goes...

Nasri - cash bid has been made and City are "confident" the deal is going to get done.

Eto'o - Absolute no go from the board and Roberto's been vetoed.

Instead the board are keen on adding another att midfield player and as such have opened tentative talks with a n other club (not Inter/Sneijder). Reading between the lines, since he (my friend) resolutely refused to name the player, it's a "name" player.

Anyway, mods feel free to merge with whatever thread you want....and, cue the abuse!

Cool..Nasri seems a goer then..who is the mystery man.. time will tell.

BillyShears said:
I realize there's individual threads on these subjects but I've had a bit of an update from someone I know...to be clear before the abuse starts...I can say it's someone who's information has stood up time and time again. Anyway here goes...

Nasri - cash bid has been made and City are "confident" the deal is going to get done.

Instead the board are keen on adding another att midfield player and as such have opened tentative talks with a n other club (not Inter/Sneijder). Reading between the lines, since he (my friend) resolutely refused to name the player, it's a "name" player.

Anyway, mods feel free to merge with whatever thread you want....and, cue the abuse!

A cash bid for Nasri? Does that mean it won't get recorded against us with the FFP regs?

BobKowalski said:
Anymore interesting titbits let us know

Berbatov to PSG is more than just hot air. There's a bid gone in which matches the rags valuation...

Was just looking on an Arsenal forum to see what they thought of the current Mata situation and found this beauty:

"Mata could yet leave Mestalla this summer, although the club have no intention of selling and, now in a strong bargaining position, are likely to ask for up to €35m (£30.5m) for their in-demand player."

"They let Silva go for less than that figure and Villa for just above it, Mata is a fine player but I'd say those two had justified higher price tags than him!

"Villa yes. Silva, not they let him go at the correct price. He has always been a decent but nowhere near world class player and his performances at Citeh has proven that."

Silva nowhere near world class and his performances with us prove this. Can someone tell me if we have another player called Silva on our books because they cant be talking about David.

SamTheGuru said:
BillyShears said:

A cash bid for Nasri? Does that mean it won't get recorded against us with the FFP regs?
It's not cash in hand!!! It's not like Arsenal aren't going to put it through their books so they avoid the VAT!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.