An Update (of sorts)...

LoveCity said:
Forzacitizens said:
could the other midfielder be lavezzi?

His agent did say we're still interested the other day so is possible.

Again, if it were Lavezzi, I'd be baffled as to why my contact couldn't name him...the secrecy suggests to me that it's one that is either going to be controversial, or one that is a real real long shot and City don't want a Kaka situation of being publicly snubbed.

Thanks for the info Billy. Hopefully we can get Nasri in good time for the Swansea match. Thank goodness someone has decided to fill the void left by Tolm. It's been so boring this week I've had to resort to spending time with the loons in Off Topic!

Braggster said:
BillyShears said:
[Hmm, I know what you mean about Nasri. He has a reputation for being a bit of an insular moody fucker. He's also, whether we like it or not, only had one good season at Arsenal. Before that he'd been distinctly average. So honestly, I don't know. I think City's interest is probably being driven by Marwood and by virtue of the fact that whilst a relatively unproven Pastore is moving for 40 odd million euros, Nasri can be picked up at half that price as a 'proven' premiership performer.

The Eto'o thing....I never thought it'd happen because of his age. It's just really bad business. I actually am not too worried about Carlos coming back. There's 3 weeks for him to find himself a club, and if he doesn't then I'm sure that City will hold Kia to his recent comments about the player respecting his contract.

I'm getting the impression City don't expect him to leave, and Mancini (contrary to what a lot of people are saying) certainly doesn't want him to leave. He's been adamant in recent weeks/months that he wants 4 strikers. Makes far more sense to keep him than send him out on loan to please him and then have to go back into the market ourselves. I can even envisage a scenario where Carlos is given even more "family time" in the upcoming season now that Aguero's in and Dzeko hopefully is settling.

That's more or less my feeling re Nasri. I would've preferred Pastore without question. Having said that, it might be sensible to get in a player who is primarily a dribbler and a finisher rather than a passer.

My concerns on Tevez are that (even though we will be playing with two strikers most of the time) he will behave like a complete spoiled brat when rotated. This will go down very badly with the rest of the squad. Then there's the problem of the need to strip him of the captaincy. Oh, and the fact that he doesn't like passing to his strike partner.

Added to which I am not at all sure that he will prove more durable over the next three seasons than Eto'o (who is still in supreme condition).

I dont think any Tevez tantrums will go down badly at all seeing as the players know whats gone on and know he's off asap. Stripping him of his captaincy is sommat hes probably been told and if he doesnt toe the line and pass to his strike partner we still have other options that will..

Funny enough with all whats going on we could find that the tevez performances between now and when he does go could be full on and better than last season.. He still has to sell himself..<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:59 pm --<br /><br />
Lancet Fluke said:
Thanks for the info Billy. Hopefully we can get Nasri in good time for the Swansea match. Thank goodness someone has decided to fill the void left by Tolm. It's been so boring this week I've had to resort to spending time with the loons in Off Topic!

Billys source could well be Tolm for all we know. ;)

keemcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:
Cheers Billy.

-- 04 Aug 2011 14:17 --

Hoping the second player is Mata.
I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE that!

Not only would we be getting to world class young players with potential to get even better, but it would piss Arsenal off SO SO MUCH! lol

That is why it can't be Mata !! Why would Arsenal sell Nasri while we are trying to buy the guy they want to replace him ??
I would say it would be one or the other not both!!

what a breath of fresh air, not a loony tune in sight
thanks for the info billy.
keep it rolling if you get any more squeaks mate

Kaka possibly!

Ade going the other way.....Nah when i think about it,not going to happen.

BillyShears said:
LoveCity said:
Forzacitizens said:
could the other midfielder be lavezzi?

Again, if it were Lavezzi, I'd be baffled as to why my contact couldn't name him...the secrecy suggests to me that it's one that is either going to be controversial, or one that is a real real long shot and City don't want a Kaka situation of being publicly snubbed.

do you remember a while back now, tolmie said we had a bid on the table for Iniesta?

Great stuff Billy, thanks a bunch for sharing.
All good news you come with, - wonderful! Hopefully Nasri and Mata in then, and I'm glad we are looking at someone other than Eto'o as a fourth striker.

Forzacitizens said:
BillyShears said:
LoveCity said:

do you remember a while back now, tolmie said we had a bid on the table for Iniesta?

Although it wuld be my dream signing not a chance fella.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.