And so it begins...

FantasyIreland said:
Damanino said:
Best case scenario for Garcia is 10m pounds. But probably less.

I think 8m would be fair and acceptable.

And,if indeed we are interested....... i'd hope Di Maria would relish the opportunity to play for the most ambitious side in the world.

Or he could live on a super yacht in Southern France,surrounded by supermodels while wiping his arse on 100 Euro notes....;-)

If we were themost amtious side in the world we would be looking at Rodrigues from Monaco not the player RM want to get rid of. We are managed properly and are looking to do it the right way in the future.

waspish said:
LoveCity said:
waspish said:
Hey?!! What is there cap on spending? They've spent 49m already unless they are selling Cavani for 50m

Even if they sold Cavani for that much, in buying Di Maria they'd be well over their cap because of Luiz. And there have been whispers courtesy of a sports journalist (not quite Di Marzio level, but fairly reputable) in Italy of a £60m bid for Cavani from United, which I think would be absolutely ridiculous (and I rate Cavani quite highly).

Doesn't look like they are taking UEFA cap seriously then?! I just can't see the rags spending 60m on Cavani if they do it means the glazers are desperate to get back in top 4 and money is no object this season..

They just don't seem to care. I don't know where this is heading except possibly court, because if they sign Di Maria they will 100% breach their sanctions while City are working hard in the market to strengthen the squad while complying.

If PSG breach the sanctions and get away with it next year, it'll basically mean City's prudence this summer has been for nothing.

I admire PSG's ruthless ambition to reach the top though, even spitting in the face of the corrupt governing body UEFA. They are building a monstrous team, or trying to, by any means necessary.

LoveCity said:
waspish said:
LoveCity said:
Even if they sold Cavani for that much, in buying Di Maria they'd be well over their cap because of Luiz. And there have been whispers courtesy of a sports journalist (not quite Di Marzio level, but fairly reputable) in Italy of a £60m bid for Cavani from United, which I think would be absolutely ridiculous (and I rate Cavani quite highly).

Doesn't look like they are taking UEFA cap seriously then?! I just can't see the rags spending 60m on Cavani if they do it means the glazers are desperate to get back in top 4 and money is no object this season..

They just don't seem to care. I don't know where this is heading except possibly court, because if they sign Di Maria they will 100% breach their sanctions while City are working hard in the market to strengthen the squad while complying.

Will they ever be financially stable though?

One of the reasons I am kind of in favour of his complying is that we are heading in a direction of profitability.

We don't need to spend £100m every summer.

If PSG breach the sanctions and get away with it next year, it'll basically mean City's prudence this summer has been for nothing.

I admire PSG's ruthless ambition to reach the top though, even spitting in the face of the corrupt governing body UEFA. They are building a monstrous team, or trying to, by any means necessary.

Will PSG ever become financially stable though.?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
He's not really a Portugeezer, but he was once considered the Real thing. The purists, those who only use double zero flour, they want him if the fat waiter now makes an offer we can't refuse.

Double zero - Kroos? He is also known as 'the waiter', Real have been interested.....

LoveCity said:
waspish said:
LoveCity said:

they're in bed with the cartel, they buy off the established at inflated prices, funding the cartel's spending sprees, and at the same time inflate the market so much it hinders us, who the cartel are trying to hold back. PSG aren't much of a threat because at most all they can take is a few million more in CL progression, we stop a member of the cartel getting lucrative CL money and cut the other members funds with our success, that's why we're the target and it's why PSG can, and will, end up getting away with it.

UEFA's ideal scenario is for us to comply next summer, then they can give slaps on the wrist to any cartel member failing and brush it under the carpet, it was only this season they made any sort of statement and that was to stop us, and now the cartel are going to work to inflate the market and pass the envelopes between them.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
UEFA's ideal scenario is for us to comply next summer, then they can give slaps on the wrist to any cartel member failing and brush it under the carpet, it was only this season they made any sort of statement and that was to stop us, and now the cartel are going to work to inflate the market and pass the envelopes between them.

UEFA's ideal scenario is for us not to qualify for the CL at all. If they can get us out, PSG, United, Arsenal and Liverpool in, that's four members of the G18 in and UEFA's immediate problem solved. That's why City's primary target next season has to be simply CL qualification.

Wreckless Alec said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

UEFA's ideal scenario is for us not to qualify for the CL at all. If they can get us out, PSG, United, Arsenal and Liverpool in, that's four members of the G18 in and UEFA's immediate problem solved. That's why City's primary target next season has to be simply CL qualification.

City's primary target next season has to be simply CL Semi-final stage

Carstairs said:
Wreckless Alec said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

City's primary target next season has to be simply CL Semi-final stage

I understand your sentiments, but winning the CL just isn't that high on my priority list. Only time I would be really desperate to win it would be if we were playing the rags in the final......and that ain't on the radar this season is it !

Apart from that I would rather win domestic trophies everytime.
I know it's important re money and attracting certain players etc , but to be honest ..... It bores me. I thought I would enjoy it, but I don't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.