And so it begins...

ColinLee said:
Dextersmate said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Zzzzzzzzz too many people too hung up on primitive english wingers and their primitive style of play which basically consists of trying to take on the defender (which will result in losing possession too often) and getting crosses in. Maybe navas should take players on a little more at times but its blown way out of proportion by too many people. The reason he doesnt is because we are a top team and we hold on to the ball, you dont want a player regularly risking losing posession by trying to beat a man every time (scott sinclair). As for crosses, I lost count of the amount of times he got to the by line and put quality balls in, without the risk of losing posession by taking on the man (he usually dummies a bit then knocks it to the by line and uses his pace to get to it and put it in the area). Why risk losing possession by taking on the man when if he holds on to it for a second zaba will come past and he can lay it on to him for him to cross? Or he can come inside and look for an opening which if it isnt there he can lay it off to dave or yaya, not the end of the world but important to keep posession and remain patient to work the openings. If we were shit and reliant on him to work all the openings (shaun wright phillips era) then yea we'd need him to run at people and would have to accept that sometimes he would beat a man and sometimes he'd get tackled. We're not so he like the rest of the players needs to ebb away at the opposition and if it isnt on move the ball on and let other members of the team do it. Theres no need to gamble by taking on the opposite players so much and the attacks breaking down completely, also leaving us open to the counter

You lot can pine for your arron lennons but I'll stick to our intelligent, patient, posession based build up play that won us the league and cup, with a big thanks to the pace, width and crosses provided by navas

Well said fat man.
Spot on. If you want to see wingers constantly running very fast down the wings and just banging it in go and watch Salford.

Typical - a complete over-reaction to people making a relatively minor point - nobody said Navas was shit, nobody "pined for Lennon".

lancs blue said:
ColinLee said:
Dextersmate said:
Well said fat man.
Spot on. If you want to see wingers constantly running very fast down the wings and just banging it in go and watch Salford.

Typical - a complete over-reaction to people making a relatively minor point - nobody said Navas was shit, nobody "pined for Lennon".
If you're looking for "an over reaction" I suggest you go look in the mirror bud. People were just having a debate, what your post is about christ knows.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Zzzzzzzzz too many people too hung up on primitive english wingers and their primitive style of play which basically consists of trying to take on the defender (which will result in losing possession too often) and getting crosses in. Maybe navas should take players on a little more at times but its blown way out of proportion by too many people. The reason he doesnt is because we are a top team and we hold on to the ball, you dont want a player regularly risking losing posession by trying to beat a man every time (scott sinclair). As for crosses, I lost count of the amount of times he got to the by line and put quality balls in, without the risk of losing posession by taking on the man (he usually dummies a bit then knocks it to the by line and uses his pace to get to it and put it in the area). Why risk losing possession by taking on the man when if he holds on to it for a second zaba will come past and he can lay it on to him for him to cross? Or he can come inside and look for an opening which if it isnt there he can lay it off to dave or yaya, not the end of the world but important to keep posession and remain patient to work the openings. If we were shit and reliant on him to work all the openings (shaun wright phillips era) then yea we'd need him to run at people and would have to accept that sometimes he would beat a man and sometimes he'd get tackled. We're not so he like the rest of the players needs to ebb away at the opposition and if it isnt on move the ball on and let other members of the team do it. Theres no need to gamble by taking on the opposite players so much and the attacks breaking down completely, also leaving us open to the counter

You lot can pine for your arron lennons but I'll stick to our intelligent, patient, posession based build up play that won us the league and cup, with a big thanks to the pace, width and crosses provided by navas

Its also the reason Willy will take the gloves off Joe, especially in the CL.

The fact that Willy is more comfortable and able in terms of distribution is because we retain possesion via the keeper too.

ColinLee said:
lancs blue said:
ColinLee said:

If you're looking for "an over reaction" I suggest you go look in the mirror bud. People were just having a debate, what your post is about christ knows.

So "pining for Lennon" and "go and watch salford" are part of a constructive debate? Ok, if you say so...

The Fat el Hombre said:
Zzzzzzzzz too many people too hung up on primitive english wingers and their primitive style of play which basically consists of trying to take on the defender (which will result in losing possession too often) and getting crosses in. Maybe navas should take players on a little more at times but its blown way out of proportion by too many people. The reason he doesnt is because we are a top team and we hold on to the ball, you dont want a player regularly risking losing posession by trying to beat a man every time (scott sinclair). As for crosses, I lost count of the amount of times he got to the by line and put quality balls in, without the risk of losing posession by taking on the man (he usually dummies a bit then knocks it to the by line and uses his pace to get to it and put it in the area). Why risk losing possession by taking on the man when if he holds on to it for a second zaba will come past and he can lay it on to him for him to cross? Or he can come inside and look for an opening which if it isnt there he can lay it off to dave or yaya, not the end of the world but important to keep posession and remain patient to work the ope@nings. If we were shit and reliant on him to work all the openings (shaun wright phillips era) then yea we'd need him to run at people and would have to accept that sometimes he would beat a man and sometimes he'd get tackled. We're not so he like the rest of the players needs to ebb away at the opposition and if it isnt on move the ball on and let other members of the team do it. Theres no need to gamble by taking on the opposite players so much and the attacks breaking down completely, also leaving us open to the counter

Well said tubby!

I watched Navas closely when others were getting on his case last year and what he does is try to get the ball to a player and NOT just knock it into the area and hope someone gets on the end of it. I saw it again versus Kansas City during the week where instead of lofting a high ball into the area, he cut back and aimed the ball at Kelechi who dispatched the ball with aplomb.

I personqlly prefer the Robben/Ribery type of wide play to that of a Beckham/Coppell type any day. But all said and done I suppose it just comes down to whether you prefer Fergies ManUre style of play or a more considered approach.

Navas cutting inside is absolutely deliberate, in certain situations. When he's not doubled up and it's counter attack he'll normally try take his man on. When we're building possession slowly against deeper defending he cuts in to allow space for Zabba late overlaps - where else has Zabba to go if he doesn't?

The Fat el Hombre said:

CO FUCKIN RRECT !

Update us regarding Isco please Tolm. I can't handle this anymore. Even if you tell us it's off, which the majority now seem to believe.

Dextersmate said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Well said fat man.

yeh well said tubs.

de niro said:
Dextersmate said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Well said fat man.

yeh well said tubs.
Spot on there pork chop...
I shall be doing the truffle shuffle in your honour...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.