And so it begins...

grim up north said:
de niro said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
There were plenty home grown keepers available that would have been.

Marshall at Cardiff would have been good option and available at decent price.

Fraser Foster at Celtic would have been another option

agreed. especially with forster.
if we lose anyone it has to be the kid.

Why would Forster or Marshall come to City

Forster
opportunity to play for the champions
Opportunity to challenge Joe for City and England #1 jersey

Marshall
Chance to play in Premier league again
challenge Joe for City #1 jersey

grim up north said:
de niro said:
agreed. especially with forster.
if we lose anyone it has to be the kid.

Why would Forster or Marshall come to City

Forster
Opportunity to challenge Joe for City and England #1 jersey

Marshall
Chance to play in Premier
challenge Joe for City #1 jersey

Forster playing in champions league for Scottish champions comes to England plays in LC

Marshall no1 for Cardiff comes to City to play in LC

Both are not better than Hart who is about to sign new contract. Both would go backwards playing second fiddle

NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:
Kolarov would have been my fall guy for a HG replacement.
Way too important to the team and our attacking play to dispense with. Couldn't possibly sign a HG left back that could do his role, Baines being as close as it gets.

If a foreign player had to go I'd reluctantly suggest Negredo.

Sagna (shouldn't have been signed until end of window especially as we still have Richards)
Caballero (shouldn't have been signed until other transfer business completed)
Jovetic (Yet to prove himself, injury prone but could get money back from him on transfer)
Negredo (difficult to move him now with injury, may exclude him from registration)
Garcia (looks most likely due to Fernando signing, despite strong second half of the season)
Nastasic (potential loan deal)

It may be possible to only register Demichellis for league and not Champions league.

I would be very reluctant to let any other players leave unless huge transfer available
For me I'm not convinced by Navas, maybe it's the homesickness but he frustrates the life out of me with his reluctance to take on his man. He is still highly rated in Spain and would command a decent fee and if it was choice between him Isco, it would be Isco all day long.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
NQCitizen said:
Way too important to the team and our attacking play to dispense with. Couldn't possibly sign a HG left back that could do his role, Baines being as close as it gets.

If a foreign player had to go I'd reluctantly suggest Negredo.

Sagna (shouldn't have been signed until end of window especially as we still have Richards)
Jovetic (Yet to prove himself, injury prone but could get money back from him on transfer)
Negredo (difficult to move him now with injury, may exclude him from registration)
Garcia (looks most likely due to Fernando signing, despite strong second half of the season)

It may be possible to only register Demichellis for league and not Champions league.

I would be very reluctant to let any other players leave unless huge transfer available
For me I'm not convinced by Navas, maybe it's the homesickness but he frustrates the life out of me with his reluctance to take on his man. He is still highly rated in Spain and would command a decent fee and if it was choice between him Isco, it would be Isco all day long.
then we would be narrow as hell as in Mancini times. we need that hug-the-touchline winger occasionally.

MeatHunterrr said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:

then we would be narrow as hell as in Mancini times. we need that hug-the-touchline winger occasionally.
Well then someone tell him to do that and take on his man and stop cutting inside. He played less and less as season went on as it was clear he wasn't having impact we hoped
Actually Milner makes more of a impact when he plays wide

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Well then someone tell him to do that and take on his man and stop cutting inside. He played less and less as season went on as it was clear he wasn't having impact we hoped

Correct Navas rarely offers any width at all because 99% of the time he cuts inside. I don't know if he's being told to do it or not but he never wants to beat his man down the outside, even when he's playing against slow fullbacks. Very puzzling and frustrating to watch.

richards30 said:
blue ranger said:
Anyone questioning kolarov last season is an idiot. His stats last season were top class and I wouldn't swap him for any other LB. When we need our LB to defend we have clichy.

Think the big mistake we made was signing an overseas gk as no.2. We could deffo have signed an English player to provide good cover.

But say joe gets a serious injury would westwood seriously have been good enough to play at the swamp, anfield, the bridge, nou camp or bernabuea??? Ermm.......no!

There were plenty home grown keepers available that would have been.

Marshall at Cardiff would have been good option and available at decent price.

Fraser Foster at Celtic would have been another option

Marshall wouldn't count as HG, he spent his formative years at Celtic. Forster's ok, he was on Newcastle's books as a youngster.

Probably Pellegrini have told him that he needs to cut inside. Can't imagine he would do that if Pellegrini have told otherwise. 6+13 isn't bad result at all.

Matt.D said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Correct Navas rarely offers any width at all because 99% of the time he cuts inside. I don't know if he's being told to do it or not but he never wants to beat his man down the outside, even when he's playing against slow fullbacks. Very puzzling and frustrating to watch.
That's an asset. The best wide players in the world cut in eg Robben, and Di Maria.

Matt.D said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Even when he gets past his man he's still inclined to cut back inside rather than put a cross in, counter attacks are more or less the only times he shows any directness in his running.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.