And so it begins...

fbloke said:
Nimrod was a plane that never quite made the grade, had years of development issues and was eventually scrapped.

I would say that that is quite apt for the loftier thoughts of this summers signings.

Possibly...but it did fly from 1967 to 2011 so had a reasonably long career too.

Manx Blue said:
fbloke said:
Nimrod was a plane that never quite made the grade, had years of development issues and was eventually scrapped.

I would say that that is quite apt for the loftier thoughts of this summers signings.

Possibly...but it did fly from 1967 to 2011 so had a reasonably long career too.
Plus it was the eyes and ears for our forces-bit like Tolmie to Bluemoon really!

George Hannah wrote:
tolmie's hairdoo wrote:
We should sue UEFA for making our financial and squad restrictions so public.

There was an extensive prior consultation with our rivals to determine what sanctions would damage us most. They knew about our restrictions before we did.

On the contrary, I believe that any prior consultation was with City and took the form of , "How much do you intend to spend this summer?" to which the reply was "£49million" and so UEFA, in return for us playing ball , giving the likes of Wenger etc little chance to winge on, set the cap at EXACTLY the gross amount of our planned spending. Sanchez, Fabregas, Rodriquez etc were never, under any circumstances, going to be bought this summer. They are Bluemoon pipe dreams. City don't buy players now just because they are available, planning is longer term and is not to be derailed in such a way.

If mangala does not arrive instead heading for chelski, who is our fall back I wonder? Not many top cb available. Maybe give Micah another go? Wonder if the 32 mil we are allegedly offering for mangala would tempt hummels?

bondsman said:
If mangala does not arrive instead heading for chelski, who is our fall back I wonder? Not many top cb available. Maybe give Micah another go? Wonder if the 32 mil we are allegedly offering for mangala would tempt hummels?

Hummels won't leave and definitely not for as little as that. Mangala is coming to City, the video has been made because from our end everything is sorted. Now it is between Porto and the 3rd party to resolve their issues prior to any announcement. Relax, he is ours!

tonea2003 said:
George Hannah said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We should sue UEFA for making our financial and squad restrictions so public.
There was an extensive prior consultation with our rivals to determine what sanctions would damage us most. They knew about our restrictions before we did.

its still early but am i reading this correctly.

by our rivals do you mean chelsea, bayern, barca,real etc?
as represented by the ECA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ecaeurope.com/about-eca/eca-executive-board/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ecaeurope.com/about-eca/eca-executive-board/</a>
and of course Mr Gill
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/former-manchester-united-chief-david-gill-on-a-collision-course-with-manchester-city-over-financial-role-8662638.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 62638.html</a>

bondsman said:
And why is Mangala going to Chelsea...

bluesince76 said:
bondsman said:
And why is Mangala going to Chelsea...
Flappytitus Severus is the main cause

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.