And so it begins...

Rammyblues said:
Puts tin hat on.

I have read THs post in particular the problems over FFP and selling certain players etc etc. I disagree, this has nothing to do with FFP and this is down to a our current and previous regime of signing players on large wages and simply through injury or loss of form we are unable to realise the amount of money we want to finish our transfer business. Some of the blame therefore must fall on our current management team. Let me just explain why

1) FFP as far as the sanctions are concerned relate purely to the A List players in respect of CL.
2) In terms of the prem league we have always known we are restricted to 17 foreign players with 8 homegrown.
3) We have allowed certain association player contracts to enter the final year, and in some cases run out altogether enabling players to move on.
4) If we were planning a strategy for this summer which we are told started last November why haven't the players we wanted at least be in place for the premier league. As it stands without Nastisic we have 18 players, so management must have known all along that at least one foreign player would need to be shipped out.
5) The opportunity to decrease the prem number to 17 could have easily been overcome by signing an english association goalkeeper as back up to Joe, the fors and against this were done to death on here no need to repeat those arguments we choose to sign like for like.
6) For management to now complain we cannot get market value out of our foreign sales is their mistake, before committing to Mangala they should have sold Garcia or MDM, they decided against the situation, now we have a situation where the players signature is all but done, with time now operating against us and for any potential suitor to take a Garcia off us.
7) Management in dealing with our transfer business must have been aware the difficulties the world cup would bring in signing or selling players.
8) In terms of Champions league even if Garcia is sold it still leaves us having to leave one more foreigner from the squad to bring it down further to the 16. They surely once the FFPR sanctions came out must have known this, and way before anything was given to the press. They again must have known therefore the importance of reducing the foreign element before adding to it but seem to have gone ahead regardless.
9) If our original plans were to sign the four and no others we must surely have known at least one foreigner had to be sold, their own squad numbers should have told them this. Interesting it just seems the original plans have been altered with the intention of wanting to sign Barkley and Isco. If this is recent then sometimes you cannot always get what you want in life. it is no good suddenly blaming the salary limitations or spending restrictions or profitablity accounts from the sanctions, learn to live within our means and if that means we cannot afford the players so beit or sign the players we want and either tell the players coming in they won't be playing CL or tell the existing players who are to be sold there is no prem place for you this year and that they will restrict to domestic cups.

I was more under the impression that management won't sell or loan anyone until the Malanga deal is 100% done. If something falls through and he can't come for any reason we would have let someone go when we would now need them back. I think they would have tried to sell or loan someone sooner, but wasn't planning on this Malanga deal to take so long. I trust management knows what they are doing.

Pellegrini might also be looking at which homegrown player is good enough to keep this preseason. With Milner not going to sign a new contract with us the club might sell him come January. That means if we don't buy another HG player then, someone like Sinclair or Rodwell might have to stick around.

Rammyblues said:
Puts tin hat on.

I have read THs post in particular the problems over FFP and selling certain players etc etc. I disagree, this has nothing to do with FFP and this is down to a our current and previous regime of signing players on large wages and simply through injury or loss of form we are unable to realise the amount of money we want to finish our transfer business. Some of the blame therefore must fall on our current management team. Let me just explain why

1) FFP as far as the sanctions are concerned relate purely to the A List players in respect of CL.
2) In terms of the prem league we have always known we are restricted to 17 foreign players with 8 homegrown.
3) We have allowed certain association player contracts to enter the final year, and in some cases run out altogether enabling players to move on.
4) If we were planning a strategy for this summer which we are told started last November why haven't the players we wanted at least be in place for the premier league. As it stands without Nastisic we have 18 players, so management must have known all along that at least one foreign player would need to be shipped out.
5) The opportunity to decrease the prem number to 17 could have easily been overcome by signing an english association goalkeeper as back up to Joe, the fors and against this were done to death on here no need to repeat those arguments we choose to sign like for like.
6) For management to now complain we cannot get market value out of our foreign sales is their mistake, before committing to Mangala they should have sold Garcia or MDM, they decided against the situation, now we have a situation where the players signature is all but done, with time now operating against us and for any potential suitor to take a Garcia off us.
7) Management in dealing with our transfer business must have been aware the difficulties the world cup would bring in signing or selling players.
8) In terms of Champions league even if Garcia is sold it still leaves us having to leave one more foreigner from the squad to bring it down further to the 16. They surely once the FFPR sanctions came out must have known this, and way before anything was given to the press. They again must have known therefore the importance of reducing the foreign element before adding to it but seem to have gone ahead regardless.
9) If our original plans were to sign the four and no others we must surely have known at least one foreigner had to be sold, their own squad numbers should have told them this. Interesting it just seems the original plans have been altered with the intention of wanting to sign Barkley and Isco. If this is recent then sometimes you cannot always get what you want in life. it is no good suddenly blaming the salary limitations or spending restrictions or profitablity accounts from the sanctions, learn to live within our means and if that means we cannot afford the players so beit or sign the players we want and either tell the players coming in they won't be playing CL or tell the existing players who are to be sold there is no prem place for you this year and that they will restrict to domestic cups.
I don't think you need your tin hat for this one Rammy, the only thing I would question is whether the management have been caught out as regards numbers (Barkley & Isco aside which seem to have come out of the blue :) ). We have no idea (besides Tolmies latest posts) of how far along any deals are in moving some players on, I presume it's a fairly fluid process with no guarantee of success (Remy comes to mind). We've still got a month or so (when does it close?) to finalise outgoings. I can't see any more incomings now with maybe ringfencing Barkley and/or Isco the only business left.

richards30 said:
At least tolm still seemed confident that mangala was a done deal?

Richards, you strike me as a decent bloke, but you do also come across as living up tolmie's arse, no offence meant

BringBackSwales said:
richards30 said:
At least tolm still seemed confident that mangala was a done deal?

Richards, you strike me as a decent bloke, but you do also come across as living up tolmie's arse, no offence meant

Has it only just dawned on you, mate mate mate?!?

We may not be able to send Garcia to Naples. Napoli are apparently in talks with United over Fellaini, possibly on loan.

I can see us sending Garcia somewhere like Sociedad on loan while paying most of his wages.

LoveCity said:
We may not be able to send Garcia to Naples. Napoli are apparently in talks with United over Fellaini, possibly on loan.

I can see us sending Garcia somewhere like Sociedad on loan while paying most of his wages.

Two players not exactly similar in ability/style....? Seems Napoli may be confused as to their needs.

FantasyIreland said:
LoveCity said:

Two players not exactly similar in ability/style....? Seems Napoli may be confused as to their needs.

Oh, Fellaini can play a holding role. Just not great, but probably good enough for Serie A.

lost_n_spaced said:
Let's take a look at our seriously unwanted players :

Boyata - Really, really poor concentration and panicky. Not qualities you search for in a CH. A player who has been in perma decline since an early penalty and red card v. Arsenal about 5 years ago. He'll end up dissapearing from view when he leaves us, and you'll never hear of him again (unless you wiki him).

Richards - Seldom fit. Constant muscle problems probably linked to weight. I actually thought that the departure of Lescott may help him as his seemingly pointless competition over who was the 'most buff' would end, but it'd seem that Pellegrini has made the choice that he'd rather not be left up shit creek without a paddle if Zaba get's injured by buying Sagna.

Rodwell - Muscular problems his entire career. Great purchase in terms of potential, poor in terms of investment. The panic buys of panic buys which we took a gamble on and lost horribly. He definitly has the ability, that isn't the issue I don't think, but you see a few decent things for him and think that we may be at a new dawn, and then he pulls a hamstring again.

Garcia - Far to slow for the PL. Played well at back end of the season due to good players around him (and - due to physical inactivity - probably not being as jaded as opponents were after a long PL season). Certainly not good, or physically dominating enough, to switch to centre-half either.

Sinclair - Our version of a Spice Boy. Okay at quite a few things, but nowhere near the quality that we're looking for and and indication of English obsession with quick wingers who don't actually possess that much skill (Redmond, Walcott, Moses..... I was convinced Sterling was in this group but it would seem not).

Guidetti - Has never done anything and would actually be a waste of a place in our squad when we have Iheanacho who is showing roughly double the potential that Guidetti has ever shown (be it in friendlies, the Dutch league or elsewhere). We all know that Hughes is a bit of a nob, but I've seen nothing to suggest that he was worth a place on Stoke's bench last year.

You may agree or disagree with my notes there (probably the latter) but I'd value them at (max.) :

Boyata - 2m (probably by a championship or Belgian side)
Richards - 4m (as 1 year left)
Rodwell - 5m (probably by a lower PL team who need to take a chance)
Garcia - 7m (italian side. suited for their speed, but that means we'll get very little for him)
Sinclair - 4m (see rodwell, but - with the exception of last season - injured far less often than rodwell)
Guidetti - 3m (from a stupid Dutch side who remember him for what he was, not what he is)

= 25m max., and that's 5 homegrown, which means that we're playing cash for the horrible recruitment of the close season after we won the league for the first time (blame it on Marwood, blame it on Mancini, we'll never know the truth), but it doesn't change the fact that we have a load of toss in our sqaud (but also, as it happens, the best 22 in England by a country mile........ the distance by which I think we will win the league).
Wouldn't say Boyata is unwanted. The club offered him a new contract so he will be here for the foreseeable future. Just hope he doesn't get picked over the likes of Denayer and Rekik in the early league cup and fa cup rounds.

Agree with the rest of the list although I think either Rodwell or Garcia will stay. Cant see us going into next season with just three central midfielders.

I would also add Nastasic in the outgoing players. Will go back to Italy (possibly Juve) once Mangala signs.

My predictions would be -
Richards - 5 million to Newcastle
Sinclair - 3 million to a mid table prem team
Garcia - 10 million to Napoli
Guidetti - 2 million to Feyenoord or his old coach takes a chance on him at Southampton
Nastasic - 10 million to Juve

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.