And so it begins...

Didsbury Dave said:
bodak said:
salfordpaul said:
I will tell you now, tolmie is real and is itk, he comes on here and tells what he can! Behave and read and enjoy, and if you don t think he s right don t read it!
Things change quickly......I ve been told all sorts and probably 10 per cent happens. Isco was coming to us but it went tits up! My point being unless your tixi you will hear stories but they can fall at the final furlong

Enjoy the thread

Tell me Paul, whilst I love reading his (and your) posts, how does the club allow this leakage to happen?

And how did he miss the Lampard coup?

Your comment "how does the club allow this leakage to happen" shows you haven't a clue what you're talking about. You really think every piece of transfer activity is conducted under a veil of secrecy? Have you never thought that there are agents, estate agents, friends, secretaries, solicitors, doctors, accountants, administrators, directors etc all 'in the loop' with a proposed transfer?

Football is full of gossip and chinese whispers. People in the inner circle are always chatting. So whilst Txiki might not be going down the pub announcing every enquiry City have made, or every approach made to the club, that doesn't mean to say they don't enter the public domain.

It's almost unheard of for a transfer to occur "under the radar" these days.

Correct, I haven't a clue so I come on here to learn from people like you.

And for that I thank you

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I go away on hols tomorrow, so my last post for a couple weeks, anyhow.

Plenty seem to have nothing better to do than discuss my mental make-up, vices and negative impact on the wider internet, in general, judging by the number of pages these last few days?

I do feel it is best, however, that I don't instigate one of these threads, in future, just post as and where I feel it might be relevant or of interest?

It would reduce the amount of in-fighting, and not be a one-stop shop for putting myself out there, and all that may entail, good and bad.

Faceless internet or not, it is sometimes taken to heart, but that's just the guy I am. Can't change that and perhaps it is because I do have faith in what I am posting that it becomes a little personal for me.

Lampard's signing should perhaps be a decent illustration of just how quickly things can move in this game, even if Soriano had stated there would be no more after Mangala?

cheers for now.

In days gone by, I used to get info that I knew was coming from inside the City dressing room but I couldn't say how I had the info and therefore had shit from unbelievers - nothing like the crap you get mind - and it is irritating when people doubt your integrity, faceless internet or not. Ultimately, I could care less what some plonker that does not actually know me thinks but it didn't and wouldn't stop me defending myself as I saw fit.

You should try not to take it personally but we are all human. Absolutely no reason why you should not defend yourself if you so choose.

Have a good holiday.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I go away on hols tomorrow, so my last post for a couple weeks, anyhow.

Plenty seem to have nothing better to do than discuss my mental make-up, vices and negative impact on the wider internet, in general, judging by the number of pages these last few days?

I do feel it is best, however, that I don't instigate one of these threads, in future, just post as and where I feel it might be relevant or of interest?

It would reduce the amount of in-fighting, and not be a one-stop shop for putting myself out there, and all that may entail, good and bad.

Faceless internet or not, it is sometimes taken to heart, but that's just the guy I am. Can't change that and perhaps it is because I do have faith in what I am posting that it becomes a little personal for me.

Lampard's signing should perhaps be a decent illustration of just how quickly things can move in this game, even if Soriano had stated there would be no more after Mangala?

cheers for now.

Going on hols for a couple of weeks? Well in true Tolm spirit...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Olo8gzgpC4[/video]

;) have a good hols blue

citoeast said:
de niro said:
Love Bites and Everything said:
As a relative newcomer to the board the reaction to Tomlie is interesting to observe.

Why all the abuse for those who question him and why are they asked to keep their opinions to themselves and refrain from posting if they are not a 'believer'??

What is wrong with people saying that they think he's full of shit and knows sweet FA??

I have no strong views either way, just an interested observer. It does seem a bit North Korea, though.

to me i have one issue. posters shouldn't come on the thread to have a pop at the op. contribute or not but keep the negatives against the op out of it. it adds nothing.

I have an issue with that and particularly FBlokes mega pop at those allegedly having a 'pop' at TH, it is hypocritical.

Posters should be freely allowed to express their doubts and disappointments and warn others (without posting personal abuse) like I am hopefully doing. Believers when let down express quite rightly their scorn at TH. Mocking them and telling them to 'evaluate their relationship with the internet is simply a pop at the vulnerable not the one who mislead them; that seemingly is acceptable and not to be commented upon.

What is to be expected when posters are lead up the garden path time and time again with a triumphalist fanfare announcement that turn out to have dubious substance and credibility at best.
Jeez, you sound like a social worker. This is a football forum you know, get a grip.

citoeast said:
de niro said:
Love Bites and Everything said:
As a relative newcomer to the board the reaction to Tomlie is interesting to observe.

Why all the abuse for those who question him and why are they asked to keep their opinions to themselves and refrain from posting if they are not a 'believer'??

What is wrong with people saying that they think he's full of shit and knows sweet FA??

I have no strong views either way, just an interested observer. It does seem a bit North Korea, though.

to me i have one issue. posters shouldn't come on the thread to have a pop at the op. contribute or not but keep the negatives against the op out of it. it adds nothing.

I have an issue with that and particularly FBlokes mega pop at those allegedly having a 'pop' at TH, it is hypocritical.

Posters should be freely allowed to express their doubts and disappointments and warn others (without posting personal abuse) like I am hopefully doing. Believers when let down express quite rightly their scorn at TH. Mocking them and telling them to 'evaluate their relationship with the internet is simply a pop at the vulnerable not the one who mislead them; that seemingly is acceptable and not to be commented upon.

What is to be expected when posters are lead up the garden path time and time again with a triumphalist fanfare announcement that turn out to have dubious substance and credibility at best.

do you wear princess dresses???

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Faceless internet or not, it is sometimes taken to heart, but that's just the guy I am.

The only thing that you should take to heart is that an awful lot of people enjoy and appreciate your contribution to the forum.

Enjoy your hols!

Hope Tolm and his family enjoy their break.
I enjoy his posts and understand that things can and do change quickly making good info turn bad in a moment. If anyone chooses to bet on a prospective transfer or blurt it out to mates on the back of his hints then take the rough with the smooth.

In the meantime if there's anything big to report the other few BM ITK's and good sources such as Castles and di Marzio should keep the pot boiling.

Holy crap on a cracker.

I am astounded that people are 'upset' or perturbed by the interesting snippets we get from peeps in the know, especially if things change.

This is not rocket science, people/players/owners change their mind or throw in curve balls in complex scenarios. Even the logistics must be incredibly difficult let alone the concerns from agents family and the players themselves.

Happy holidays TH.

At this rate, anyone that has even a little bit of info during the transfer window aren't going to pass anything on as too concerned about the negative reaction they going to get......makes no sense! Even if you don't believe what is posted you should still respect the person without making it personal........I don't always believe some of the stuff posted here but would always respect and appreciate the info....then its just up to me whether I take it as truth or just gossip....GO CITY!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.