And we're supposed to be the bitter ones

Blue2112 said:
Oakiecokie...Nothing has upset me and nothing has made me paranoid.

It's a City football forum which I presume one would expect to see threads related to anything good or bad about anything connected to City. Also as United are our rivals and closest neighbours one would expect to see a fair number of threads relating to them on occasions. This doesn't make anyone paranoid or upset or if they choose to post something about United.

Just rivalry, banter and fun and in this case I found it ironic that not one single Blue has mentioned them and yet they can't stop going on about us and yet we're the bitter ones.

However the next time I want to post something i'll pm you first to check in if it's ok.

Please do as I wouldn`t want you to worry too much about where we are going and what we are doing,nor what people think of us.
So if its only banter why the long face ?
Ah the strange beings called folk.

Blue2112 said:
You've just gotta laugh after reading tonights evening news on the City match report there's not a single mention of United anywhere and why should there be (apart from learning to finish off a game since the Community shield defeat). Yet flick through United's match report and there's a couple of references us and to how they just could'nt allow City to steal the headlines with an 'Anything you can do, we can do better! riposte.

Looking at both sets of fans comments left on the M.E.N. website and of the 13 views left by City fans, they all praise our performance and concentrate solely on us and our result. Turn the page to Uniteds report and there's 5 comments left about us from the 13 views on show.

'You've got to feel sorry for the Bitters, their best win in Premier League history and United go and do that to the Gunners, forever in our shadow'

'I was tempted to feel sorry for the Bitters...but it didn't last lond'

'Just as City thought they were the business, the Red side of town shows who is the real sheriff '

'Just loving that we scored that last goal. One more than ''the self appointed Barca of England'

'Anything City do, we can do better'

There was also some rather silly comment about this being there next generation of Busby Babes which is an insult and a genuine Rag would know better. I found it quite comical and actually thought it a compliment when a Rag mate rang me yesterday from the pub so I could hear all the stupid shrieking voices as the 8th goal went in pronouncing them 'top of the league'...Funny how he never answered as to why he or his pubmates weren't actually at the game at Old Trafford.

Tick follows Tock follows Tick......

They beat spurs 3-0 at home, we beat them 5-1 away!

oakiecokie said:
Blue2112 said:

It's a City football forum which I presume one would expect to see threads related to anything good or bad about anything connected to City. Also as United are our rivals and closest neighbours one would expect to see a fair number of threads relating to them on occasions. This doesn't make anyone paranoid or upset or if they choose to post something about United.

Just rivalry, banter and fun and in this case I found it ironic that not one single Blue has mentioned them and yet they can't stop going on about us and yet we're the bitter ones.

However the next time I want to post something i'll pm you first to check in if it's ok.

Please do as I wouldn`t want you to worry too much about where we are going and what we are doing,nor what people think of us.

We'll just have to agree to disagree because i've seen far too many threads over the years end up in pointless arguements rather than what the thread initially intended. And I don't have a long face. Yes there really is nothing so strange as...at least we agree on that ;-)

oakiecokie said:
Blue2112 said:

u getting grumpy again Oaty

dctid said:
oakiecokie said:
Blue2112 said:

u getting grumpy again Oaty

No mate just trying to be factual. Just think with whats happening with our superb Club,that we need to worry too much about what others think about us and the annoyance it creates.
I`m not in the least bothered about the other out of town muppets,as I can see my Club overtaking them,with ease,over the next season or two.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:42 pm --<br /><br />
Blue2112 said:
oakiecokie said:
Blue2112 said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree because i've seen far too many threads over the years end up in pointless arguements rather than what the thread initially intended. And I don't have a long face. Yes there really is nothing so strange as...at least we agree on that ;-)

Yep,I`ll go along with that.We`ll agree to disagree and call it a day.
Cheers.

Good point well made by the op. Very funny to watch United fans struggling to come to terms with the new football landscape in which City are a top side and a very real threat. On the very day United broke Liverpool's title record, the majority of the rags who stayed on to watch City v Stoke (to support Stoke) couldn't cope with the sight of a pub full of joyous City fans celebrating, and left quick smart absolutely gutted. There's a generation of rags grown up used to treating blues with a kind of snearing contempt, safe in the knowledge that we weren't a threat and could be easily belittled, and to suddenly (well in the space of a couple of seasons) wake up to the fact that we're now well on the way to being a major force is proving difficult for them. The poor lambs.

charliebigspuds said:
oakiecokie said:

Don't really understand these sort of replies, this is afterall a forum to discuss football and primarily City, if someone wants to post something about City and the rags they should be allowed to do it without being ridiculed and slagged off.

Spot on. The "We Aren't Allowed to Talk About Rags" Brigade are become extremely tedious with this. The answer is to stay off the rag related threads. Hardly rocket science, is it. If others want to talk about and rejoice in our emergence from forty years of being in their shadow, let us.

hgblue said:
Good point well made by the op. Very funny to watch United fans struggling to come to terms with the new football landscape in which City are a top side and a very real threat. On the very day United broke Liverpool's title record, the majority of the rags who stayed on to watch City v Stoke (to support Stoke) couldn't cope with the sight of a pub full of joyous City fans celebrating, and left quick smart absolutely gutted. There's a generation of rags grown up used to treating blues with a kind of snearing contempt, safe in the knowledge that we weren't a threat and could be easily belittled, and to suddenly (well in the space of a couple of seasons) wake up to the fact that we're now well on the way to being a major force is proving difficult for them. The poor lambs.

You know its weird how some of my good friends and even family are dealing with this, they are showing signs of bitterness and nastyness i have never seen before from them, ive had to decide not to talk football with them anymore because its just not worth the abuse, its almost like they turn into diffrent people. haha its funny tho i laugh inside :O)

I had four text messages stating whatever city do united do better. To which my reply was: "thats funny, you beat spurs 3-0 at home. We beat them 5-1 at WHL". I had one reply saying "well your not gonna beat arsenal 8-2 are you".

"probably not, by that time they'll have a few new signings, players back from injury and will probably ACTUALLY try"

QPR would have beat arsenal convinsingly yesterday...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.