Andres Iniesta

Matt the Giant

As all transfer names get their own thread, I think it's about time we give the little magician one as well.
I know most think he is one of those unattainable, and maybe that's' the case.

But what we do know for a fact, and this is confirmed by Tolmie, is that City did put in a bid for him last summer, and that bid is still laying on Barca's table.
Maybe they would have let him go back then if they had managed to sign Fabregas, which they didn't as Arsene wouldn't let him go.
But now, one year later, Fabregas move to Barcelona looks even more probable, and thus maybe, just maybe, Iniesta could be open for a move here.

Forgive me for quoting myself here, but this is what I said about Iniesta in the "Quiet" thread.

Call me an optimist, but a few facts here got me thinking:

1) Barca had a bid from us last year for Iniesta (and it's still there for grabs)
2) They have not on one single occasion rejected that offer or made it public
3) If they didn't want to sell him, we, and the world would know about it
4) If Iniesta himself had ruled out such a transfer, Barcelona would have rejected the offer and we/thge world would have known about it.
5) Silva and Iniesta are best mates. In an interview in TotalBarca, from last year Iniesta said "I love Silva and would love to play with him".
6) Iniesta has won everything and could be looking for a new challenge

Put this together with a lucrative contract from us, Silva doing his best to lure him over, - and I don't see it as entirely impossible that he will be playing for us next season

More chance of getting Xavi than Iniesta IMO.

But i wouldn't rule anything out, we can afford him, were now an attractive football club to any player in the world.

doubtful though.

I think Xavi is less likely to be honest. It's just a gut feeling really, but I think Xavi will stay there until he retires and then he will continue to work for the club until the day he dies.

Freestyler said:
More chance of getting Xavi than Iniesta IMO.

But i wouldn't rule anything out, we can afford him, were now an attractive football club to any player in the world.

doubtful though.

why Xavi will never come to us (or anyone else)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAa9942iXgA[/youtube]

Xavi (and/or Iniesta) may only become a probability should Pep call it a day a Barca. Failing that I reckon the team will stick together with Pep. They seem amazingly united as a squad perhaps to be emulated one day soon at City... I hope!!

Would much prefer him over Fabragas. I'd say no chance but I said that about Robinho and Yaya and look what happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.