Andy Goram

Fuck!

Played with him at Oldham Athletic when he was coming up. Was a laugh a minute, as are many Scots, and had just enough crazy in him to be a great keeper!

Obviously, followed his career from afar since we were in our teens, and was glad to see he did so well for himself.

No age to get such a dread disease. Makes you realize your mortality. Just had another lad my age die! Ugh!

I worked oesophageal cancer clinics many times and it was always one of the hardest - patients seemed to get really fucking horrible symptoms and the inability to eat just made it even harder as their weight dropped.
One of the reasons I quit working Oncology….
My heart goes out to him and his family.

Awful news. Was a great laugh of a bloke. Hit me for 6 clean out of Boundary Park in a charity game back in the day, in fact it might not have landed yet.

Remember him playing for Coventry at Highfield Road years ago, evening game and we lost 4-3. I think it might have been Dickson Etuhu's first game I thought he might have been a prospect but sadly not, good luck to Andy in his battle

Good grief! Devastating.

A magnificent goalkeeper in his time.

I saw that earlier - very sad. One takeaway from his tale is if there is an issue get it looked at - sadly Andy waited until the pain was unbearable. We will never know whether earlier investigation would have had a better outcome for Andy but on average it is a fact early detection has better outcomes. Regardless of that I am sad to hear of Andy's plight.

I saw that earlier - very sad. One takeaway from his tale is if there is an issue get it looked at - sadly Andy waited until the pain was unbearable. We will never know whether earlier investigation would have had a better outcome for Andy but on average it is a fact early detection has better outcomes. Regardless of that I am sad to hear of Andy's plight.
My cousin died of this cancer a couple of years ago. Refused to see a doc until it was too late. If in doubt, get checked out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.