Andy Goram

"Great characters" or people labelled as such aren't usually "great human beings".

Anybody know anyone with schizophrenia who is reliable, dependable and selfless?
Fair comment on the great character point.
The reason i made the earlier post was I spent a couple of evenings in his company through friends when he had a spell up in Elgin near the end of his career.
He was brutally honest when talking about his life and occasional cuntish behavior (his words).
At no point did he attempt to justify his actions using his diagnosis as a reason, something others seem more than willing to do on his behalf.

Taken from another website.

From Andy Goram

Just a wee update..
As you know I took a wee turn for the worst Tuesday…
I had another scan Tuesday and unfortunately the cancer has spread far to quickly for normal…
The situation is that now the surgeon has let me know I just have between 4 - 6 weeks to go

There’s lymph nodes in my neck that has been attacked by the cancer and I’m now going to the Beatson Monday to get a protector fitted ready for a session of radiotherapy on Tuesday to blitz it….
If been told that later next week I’ve got the first bed available for St Andrews Hospice to spend some quality time with my Son Danny and grandkids and of course my family…..and friends..
It’s a quality place with the best facilities and medication…

Tbh it’s the best place to be for my treatment and for R+R so I’m looking forward to getting there..

Thanks again for all your love and support and you really have no idea how much it means to me ❤️

Taken from another website.

From Andy Goram

Just a wee update..
As you know I took a wee turn for the worst Tuesday…
I had another scan Tuesday and unfortunately the cancer has spread far to quickly for normal…
The situation is that now the surgeon has let me know I just have between 4 - 6 weeks to go

There’s lymph nodes in my neck that has been attacked by the cancer and I’m now going to the Beatson Monday to get a protector fitted ready for a session of radiotherapy on Tuesday to blitz it….
If been told that later next week I’ve got the first bed available for St Andrews Hospice to spend some quality time with my Son Danny and grandkids and of course my family…..and friends..
It’s a quality place with the best facilities and medication…

Tbh it’s the best place to be for my treatment and for R+R so I’m looking forward to getting there..

Thanks again for all your love and support and you really have no idea how much it means to me ❤️
Sorry like is for the update

Not got much idea about the details of the life he's lived.
So, while it doesn't undo what might have been done, (and taking into account the fact that generally humans are often pretty shit at making decisions beyond the immediate), there's certainly a lot to be said for owning your own shit.

Good luck to him. x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.