Andy Goram

I don’t blame him whatsoever for refusing treatment. For the sake of 3 months extra, I’d do the same. Let’s hope he can get to Christmas

My heart goes out to him and his family. Truly awful news. He was a great goalkeeper but very under-rated and a great character. Keep fighting Andy.
Cancer is a horrible disease that's takes many people way to early.
I have to take issue with the great character bit tho,Goram was a serial adulterer to all of his wives,his offspring often spoke of being completely ignored by him,in latter years he was a scrounger who racked up thousands of pounds of debts to people who he would never pay back a penny.
He was a drunk driver and a religious bigot.
Having said this hopefully his last months are as comfortable as possible and his family cope with the devastation of losing someone.

Sorry to hijack this thread but my Dad has been diagnosed with Terminal Liver Cancer. No real positives but at least he has lived for 77 years and seen his grandkids grow up (unfortunately their Dad; my Brother is a Livarpool supporter)

Last edited:
Cancer is a horrible disease that's takes many people way to early.
I have to take issue with the great character bit tho,Goram was a serial adulterer to all of his wives,his offspring often spoke of being completely ignored by him,in latter years he was a scrounger who racked up thousands of pounds of debts to people who he would never pay back a penny.
He was a drunk driver and a religious bigot.
Having said this hopefully his last months are as comfortable as possible and his family cope with the devastation of losing someone.

"Great characters" or people labelled as such aren't usually "great human beings".

Anybody know anyone with schizophrenia who is reliable, dependable and selfless?

Sorry to hijack this thread but my Dad has been diagnosed with Terminal Liver Cancer. No real positives but at least he has lived for 77 years

Sad sad news for you mate, nothing anyone says can make it better just enjoy the time you have left is all you can really do.

Thanks lads really appreciate that :). My Dad doesn't do things by half

My cousin died of this cancer a couple of years ago. Refused to see a doc until it was too late. If in doubt, get checked out.
Not as simple as that, had throat issues for six months, swollen glands, hoarse voice etc, from past experience I knew it needed the camera passing through the nose into the back of the throat, when I pressed for a referral I waited weeks and only got a phone consultation. I waited weeks to see the consultant, who was a locum. Initial investigation basically confirmed lingual tonsillor tissue issues and reflux. I'm not expecting anything sinister but it's been months without a follow up, when I've chased it up, I was informed the locum has since moved on and when he's been replaced, things will move forward, months on I'm still waiting.

Not as simple as that, had throat issues for six months, swollen glands, hoarse voice etc, from past experience I knew it needed the camera passing through the nose into the back of the throat, when I pressed for a referral I waited weeks and only got a phone consultation. I waited weeks to see the consultant, who was a locum. Initial investigation basically confirmed lingual tonsillor tissue issues and reflux. I'm not expecting anything sinister but it's been months without a follow up, when I've chased it up, I was informed the locum has since moved on and when he's been replaced, things will move forward, months on I'm still waiting.
Unusual post covid times. I have the same problem with my RA. Haven’t seen a consultant for 3 years. Just phone calls.

Unusual post covid times. I have the same problem with my RA. Haven’t seen a consultant for 3 years. Just phone calls.
My grandma had a letter a few months back advising that she’d have a telephone consultation in 6 weeks, wait for it, to check her progress on her cataract operations.

I was intrigued as to what they could do and as she is hard of hearing, I had to take the call.

They asked if she had had any complications and how her sight was. I said fine and that if it hadn’t have been, we would have been in touch.

They then said they’d strike her off as she was fine.

Utter waste of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.