Andy Mitten M.E.N Success comes at a price

Seosa said:
On his way home that night, the Blue saw a man in a City shirt across the street. He went up to him thinking they’d have much in common and perhaps an impromptu celebration. After all, they were both Blues. Except the lad in the City shirt wasn’t even a fan, just someone who ‘liked’ the shirt. The Blue was befuddled.

Who else thinks this is bullshit?

Me. 100% made up garbage from that gormless **** Mitten.

squirtyflower said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Mitten despite being a United fan is a pretty decent Football writer and their is little in that piece that hasn't been said a hundred times over by City fans in our own threads on here reference our fan base changing with our new found success.

I didn't buy that Barcelona/City fan/I just like the shirt line though, made up for dramatic effect.
i don't buy the 'decent writer' schtick, he's clearly subjective in everything he writes and has a far from balanced view.
He's scum through and through and knows fuck all about football and the 'real fan'.

To say we weren't happy on that day is a complete joke.

Furthermore the assertion you make that City fans are thinking the same about 'new' fans is wide of the mark, the few threads on here are started by WUMS

PS it's there not their

In hindsight perhaps I should have used many city fans instead of such a vague term as hundreds of City fans when I referred to the new fans joining us.

The thing that makes us so special is the journey we have all been on and the work and the tears that the fans put in. New supporters will not have that and they will face resentment by some (not by me may I add).

The premise of the article as I saw it was that the more success we have the more we will be viewed as being like them. I think he is wrong but its a valid point to bring up.

Andy fookin Mitten, the one eyed ballbag rag said - [/quote]On his way home that night, the Blue saw a man in a City shirt across the street. He went up to him thinking they’d have much in common and perhaps an impromptu celebration. After all, they were both Blues. Except the lad in the City shirt wasn’t even a fan, just someone who ‘liked’ the shirt. The Blue was befuddled. Welcome to your new world, where more people than ever like you, and even more hate you.[/quote]

Biggest load of bollox i have read in a long time. Add that to the other shite he said about City not having many friends but symapthisers who didn't like United and that is bollox too. Fans of loads of clubs have liked City for years because of our ability to laugh at ourselves in bad times.
In my eyes Mitten is a rag shithouse. Him and the MUEN are made for each other.

I'm not a big fan of the “agenda“ but we all know this fella is a typical obnoxious rag . He's trying to take the shine off our silverware . Condescending nonsense

It is a little disappointing that we don't have a City fan in a similar position writing regular features for the MEN. There are plenty of decent City writers around (I'd certainly be interested in writing a regular piece of course and I guess I'm not the only one) and it would be great to see a Blue have a similar column.

Ah well.

Gary James said:
It is a little disappointing that we don't have a City fan in a similar position writing regular features for the MEN. There are plenty of decent City writers around (I'd certainly be interested in writing a regular piece of course and I guess I'm not the only one) and it would be great to see a Blue have a similar column.

Ah well.

You wear the wrong colour shirt for the MUEN, Gary.

Well one thing is for sure,we will never be more hated than the rags if we dominate the football world for the next 50 fucking years.

Simple facts missed by the non articulate author

1) Utd have a smug arrogant manager,who cries like a woman when things dont go their way

Mancini wins hands down in that department,unruffled cool and clever

2) Utd have smug arrogant past and present players

Name me any City players that fit into that category ?

Oh I could go on all night,but cant be arsed,he is clueless and scared of what we are to become,and wishes all the MUEN readers to think his thoughts

Gary James said:

Ah well.
I've actually had a decent chat with a few of the journo's on that paper other than Stu about un-balanced articles on City & fair play to them they admitted the "topic" was always given to them & they just had to find the words,one even said he was bored with it.
Not that i'm defending Mitten,he seems to believe in his twisted logic that we've actually asked for him to write about us,strange.

CheethamHillBlue said:
Gary James said:

Ah well.

You wear the wrong colour shirt for the MUEN, Gary.
yeah but there's no agenda/favouritism, ask Pige

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.