Andy Morrison....get him to City?

Saw Andy sat on a low wall in the sun next to me, down by the riverside at Porto near to where most Blues congregated. Not everyone passing recognised him but lots did. They all wanted to chat and have a photo taken with him. He never refused once. He spoke to everyone who wanted to chat and he was continually up and down, having photos taken, which took up most of his leisure time. I even got fed up with the constant intrusions, but Andy never refused, always polite and always gave of himself fully with a smile.
As a player, he was just what we needed at the time. Fearless, committed and a terrific leader. We wouldn't have even been at Porto if it wasn't for him playing for us the season we went up against Gillingham. I thanked him for that, as did nearly everyone who chatted to him, but he was modest and played down his influential role. Yes he did have a lads past if you ever read his good autobiography, and he certainly didn't hide or shirk on the pitch, but what a gent he was down on that wall at Porto. Total respect for the man.

There have always been a few shady and sketchy characters knocking around the non league scene, both locally and further afield. Who can forget that Glenn Tamplin melt at Billericay? And there were always rumours about one character long associated with a certain club in Tameside
Glen Tamplin’s name in your post rang a bell, googled him and straight away remembered him, full of tatts, real wide boy (not that you have to be these days if you are heavily tattooed).

I’m no wiser on the Tameside club though, I’m not that knowledgeable about local football, hint? :-).

Funnily enough I used to frequently see him in the bakery in Hollingworth where he'd stop on his way home to Huddersfield after training.
Nice enough bakery but the owners/staff leave a bit to be desired. Last time I went in I ordered a butty, decided I’d have a brew as well, girl said to me “next time you come in order your drink first” fair enough but her attitude was shit, not been in since.

Saw Andy sat on a low wall in the sun next to me, down by the riverside at Porto near to where most Blues congregated. Not everyone passing recognised him but lots did. They all wanted to chat and have a photo taken with him. He never refused once. He spoke to everyone who wanted to chat and he was continually up and down, having photos taken, which took up most of his leisure time. I even got fed up with the constant intrusions, but Andy never refused, always polite and always gave of himself fully with a smile.
As a player, he was just what we needed at the time. Fearless, committed and a terrific leader. We wouldn't have even been at Porto if it wasn't for him playing for us the season we went up against Gillingham. I thanked him for that, as did nearly everyone who chatted to him, but he was modest and played down his influential role. Yes he did have a lads past if you ever read his good autobiography, and he certainly didn't hide or shirk on the pitch, but what a gent he was down on that wall at Porto. Total respect for the man.
His book is a must read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.