andysmanclub

My brother joined not so long ago as he was really struggling after he lost his job. I have to say it has probably saved him. As a female I feel there are options out there to help women but it's so good to know that men are finally getting listened to when it comes to mental health.

THe's a have been knocking about in Radcliffe for a year or 2 now and proving very popular. Think it was 3 blokes who started it off.
Radcliffe has another group as well called 'kingsmen'. I'd go along but I know every fucker and wouldn't be able to let it all out.
When I was proper down not that long ago a beautiful young woman I barely knew told me to tell her straight what was getting to me. We had a pint and she listened for an hour. Afterwards I felt like a great weight had been lifted off me
Soz no pics.

I'm off to a gathering in an hour. I'm not sure how to describe it. I suppose it is a celebration of the life of a young man who took his own life a year ago, and a way for his parents to thank those who rallied round.

The lad was only in his twenties. If only he had known about Andy's Man Club.

Good on you for recognising that you needed a bit of extra support, for going along, and for sharing about it on here.

It's a shame that more people can't reach out and get help when they need it.

Good on you for recognising that you needed a bit of extra support, for going along, and for sharing about it on here.

It's a shame that more people can't reach out and get help when they need it.
The most enlightening thing was seeing blokes from all walks of life who are in a similar situation to me. Some better, most a lot worse. Talking to complete strangers instead of feeling like I’m burdening friends and family is a good feeling. I’ve only told 3 people in my friends and family that I went.

I’d love to get my own head sorted and then get involved in facilitating these groups.

The most enlightening thing was seeing blokes from all walks of life who are in a similar situation to me. Some better, most a lot worse. Talking to complete strangers instead of feeling like I’m burdening friends and family is a good feeling. I’ve only told 3 people in my friends and family that I went.

I’d love to get my own head sorted and then get involved in facilitating these groups.
I think that it's only when we open up (and make ourselves vulnerable as my therapist says) that we invite other people to share their situations too. Talking to a complete stranger can be so liberating as you don't have to be concerned about how their view of you might change, or if what you tell them might hurt them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.