andysmanclub

This deserves a bump.
Cheers pal.

I went to my second meeting last night and found it so much easier than last week.

There was a new lad there. 24 year old, good looking lad. He didn’t say a word all night. Then, as I went to get in my car afterwards, he approached me and talked for 5-10 minutes. Said he couldn’t possibly open up in front of a group but found me easy to talk to. I now feel that not only am I helping myself, but helping others. I’ve told him to go back next week and if he doesn’t want to talk in front of the group, I’ll go for a walk with him afterwards.

Cheers pal.

I went to my second meeting last night and found it so much easier than last week.

There was a new lad there. 24 year old, good looking lad. He didn’t say a word all night. Then, as I went to get in my car afterwards, he approached me and talked for 5-10 minutes. Said he couldn’t possibly open up in front of a group but found me easy to talk to. I now feel that not only am I helping myself, but helping others. I’ve told him to go back next week and if he doesn’t want to talk in front of the group, I’ll go for a walk with him afterwards.
Excellent work fella. It's heartening to hear that you feel a bit better about things after attending. It's a corny old saying, but it really IS good to talk. You're not alone, you know. And brilliant that this other bloke felt that he could open up to you, and that you were there as a listening ear for him. I wish you nothing but the best going forward.

Cheers pal.

How rewarding does that feel? Helping not only yourself but others....keep at it

Cheers pal.

Well done my man.

Cheers pal.

This could really help you as well as him. Horrible that us men can't open up. I am sat here with a tear in my eye, hiding it from my wife ffs. Seriously why are we not allowed to cry. I admire your bravery, and obviously the other guy can see you're a top man. Remember that. Keep us informed how you get on please.

Cheers pal.

Brilliant. You’re already part way there to facilitating meetings with actions like that.

Cheers pal.

Doing something kind for someone else doesn't just benefit them, it's good for your wellbeing too https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/explore-mental-health/kindness/kindness-matters-guide

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.