andysmanclub

I look at Facebook Memories daily and, this time last year, I self diagnosed pains around my middle as indigestion. Yes, indigestion.

A few days later and I’ll be in Arrowe Park Ward 14 on a drip. How the fuck I got through what I did is beyond me but I did and am ready to face anything life throws at me.

I want to give something back one day. Unsure what or how. I just do.

Can thoroughly recommend this club as a non judgmental setting to discuss anything that’s bothering you,the relief to know you are not on your own can be palpable.

I look at Facebook Memories daily and, this time last year, I self diagnosed pains around my middle as indigestion. Yes, indigestion.

A few days later and I’ll be in Arrowe Park Ward 14 on a drip. How the fuck I got through what I did is beyond me but I did and am ready to face anything life throws at me.

I want to give something back one day. Unsure what or how. I just do.
So what was it ?

The guy who founded these clubs is called Luke Ambler. He came to one of the schools I work at a few years ago and did a bit of a talk to the staff at one of the training days before the term started. He was brilliant. Well worth looking at if you are looking for someone to do a bit of an inspirational talk for an organisation.

This song and more specifically the video is very apt, re AMC and shows the power of the group, the comments on YouTube also echoes how men have been almost conditioned to bottle up their emotions.

It was this song/video made me look for an AA style group for men which in turn led me to AMC, attended for the third time last night, its hard to explain how its of benefit to be simply in a room of men, saying as little or much as you want.

But of benefit it certainly is, in a away its like a real life off topic thread, we,ve all seen how quickly everyone is there to offer support/concern for anyone who dares to stick their head above the parapet and say their struggling in someway - AMC is just the same just more personal I suppose.

All clear October 2022. Check up fine April 2023.

I had to have an ileostomy but hope to have it reversed later this year. Stoma bags aren’t fun.

You’d be amazed how much this changes your mindset about life…
Regarding your mindset about life, what is it like now and what was it before ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.