Anelka: Misunderstood | Netflix

Only seen up to Arsenal so far, but he refers to United as just "Manchester" which was infuriating.
Most big clubs are known by one name, usually the name of their city.

TBF, back then, for a top Intl player, Manchester meant only one team!

And, like those one-name clubs, City want to make the word “City” into their brand!

He was a huge signing for City at the time but we ended up losing money on him. Fowler was one of the most promising strikers in decades when he broke through but his potential was never fulfilled.

I didn’t warm to Anelka. He’s had more clubs than Tiger Woods and his career ended with allegations of anti-semitism. Such talent played for Bolton and West Brom...

Was rather wank imo.

We get a two minute mention, with his goals at Anfield and the last Maine Road derby shown, for anyone wondering.

I've just saved you 90 long boob-less minutes.

Most big clubs are known by one name, usually the name of their city.

TBF, back then, for a top Intl player, Manchester meant only one team!

And, like those one-name clubs, City want to make the word “City” into their brand!
Yeah but he talks about them as Manchester now, in 2020 when the interview got done.
Wouldn't have minded if he didn't spend 3 odd years with us

We were mentioned as little more than a footnote, which when you look at were we were and the clubs he played for is probably fair. However I do think that along with that one season at Arsenal, and at Chelsea where he finally matured he played his best football in sky blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.