Anelka: Misunderstood | Netflix

He was a huge signing for City at the time but we ended up losing money on him. Fowler was one of the most promising strikers in decades when he broke through but his potential was never fulfilled.

I didn’t warm to Anelka. He’s had more clubs than Tiger Woods and his career ended with allegations of anti-semitism. Such talent played for Bolton and West Brom...
Fowler came to us well past his sell by date for a final pay day. We called him ‘Blobby Fowler’ for a reason. However Fowler in his pomp was a magnificent goal scorer. Anelka was class.

I never rated him, sorry no he was v good, but his attitude wasn't hard working, and watching him for years I don't even think he liked playing football except it brought him money.

Graceful player though.

Anelka was a great player. I’d say we were lucky to have had him when we did being newly promoted from Division one at the time. Was surprised Liverpool rejected the chance to sign him permanently.

Yes, it was 1-0.

Fully agree about Weaver. Yet another one, whose potential was curbed by serious injury.

I know this comment is years old but I remember that performance of Weaver v Ipswich vividly, I was in the stands as a 10 year old who liked playing in goal and Weaver was my hero.

I remember just being in total awe. He was like a man possessed. Nothing was going past him that night. Wish I could find the full highlight reel to watch it back with adult eyes!

Anelka >>>> Pogba

Both had the talent but let the cash and celebrity take over.

My biggest memory of him is being sent off at Arsenal after winding Ashley Cole up. I reckon he'd found out his special phone number...

I remember him and Nasri thinking they were being clever doing the stylised Nazi salute.

He is and was a bit of a ****.

Could never work him out. Blisteringly quick, dangerous yet somehow not the most prolific. His time at City probably had the best goals ratio.

No matter where he went he seemed to win medals

Probably overshadowed in his career with the likes of Henry and Trezeguet on the international scene.

Best of his football came at Chelsea? I guess that's up for debate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.