anfield and goodison park.

Soulboy said:
bluemanc said:
Yes you can,the huge amounts of money the moores family pumped into everton & liverpool allowed both clubs to enter a period where they won countles trophys.
Liverpool in the late 50's were a poorly supported 2nd division team until the pools money started to pour in,they didn't win the fa cup till 1966 & failed to win a trophy in Europe until the 70's.
As for "moneybags"everton they were just entering the 22nd yr of not winning a trophy when Moores took control of everton in 1961 the 1st job was to sack the manager on the spot plough money into them & guess what happened next ?
The money these 2 clubs had access to in the late 50/60's changed the History of both clubs & don't let anyone kid you it didn't.

Superb comeback!

I have been wittering on about this for ages, that the scousers clearly don't know "their history", even though they sing about knowing it!

Money wins trophies. It did for the scousers in the 70's and 80's, it did for Blackburn, it did for the Rags, it did for Chelsea...

So it's just our turn, that's all...

Soul - in an earlier post you quoted a good chunk of Evertons mid eighties side (missing out southall and steven mind lol!) - tell me who out of that side were "big money signings" and that was a fucking great side. Moores gave up the ghost with everton in the early seventies and in truth the only time the "mersey millionaires" tag ran true was in the construction of the side in the early sixties which was deconstructed by the mid sixties - in that time we won the league once - unsure what we're putting the other 8 times down to.

I'm not nostalgic for the past but lets not have a re-writing of it in fact ironically i'd argue that city destroyed their great side of the late 60's and 70's by getting the chequebook out and blowing it on a number of average players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.