Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he played really well. A great left foot. Unlucky not to have at least one assist/goal.

He needs to take his chance while Zinchenko is out.
He seems to be settling in,jury is out for me on the defending side of things but going foward he looks very good
What is it with our left backs,at least Aleks didn't get injured every five mins

He seems to be settling in,jury is out for me on the defending side of things but going foward he looks very good
What is it with our left backs,at least Aleks didn't get injured every five mins

Yea I think he needs to be eased in as he is now. His attacking prowess is similar to Mendy. Think he will be a great back up to have.

Any update on his injury guys & gals? Can find nothing mentioned in the local media.
Been posted a few times but it has been reported it was just cramp. Back on the bench for Saturday presumably but has a chance to play against Atalanta I reckon to rest Mendy for next week.

I'm a little confused by the general 'surprised-he's-quite-good' tone i've seen from City fans in general really. Lots still very cautious about him and I just don't get that as it seems a bit unfair based on some appearances years ago, or judging him on preseason. Can only presume it's because they've not really paid attention to how genuinely well he did with PSV. He's not just making up the numbers. He's a cracking little full-back with a shit load of potential who was the best LB in a good, solid league for two years in a row, plus he did it on the European stage for them too against big teams. Barca, Spurs etc. He's really young and has loads of potential for improvement and we should remember that. I feel like if he didn't have history with City people would be a lot more excited by this lad who's looked very impressive every time he's stepped on the pitch this season. Who knows how good he could get under Pep if given a good go?

Last edited:
I'm a little confused by the general 'surprised-he's-quite-good' tone i've seen from City fans in general really. Lots still very cautious about him and I just don't get that as it seems a bit unfair based on some appearances years ago, or judging him on preseason. Can only presume it's because they've not really paid attention to how genuinely well he did with PSV. He's not just making up the numbers. He's a cracking little full-back with a shit load of potential who was the best LB in a good, solid league for two years in a row, plus he did it on the European stage for them too against big teams. Barca, Spurs etc. He's really young and has loads of potential for improvement and we should remember that. I feel like if he didn't have history with City people would be a lot more excited by this lad who's looked very impressive every time he's stepped on the pitch this season. Who knows how good he could get under Pep if given a good go?
I think it is generally accepted that he was poor in pre-season and Pep has not played him much so I think it is natural for fans to have some reservations. It would be great if he could establish himself in the squad - his skillset should fit playing for us - up to him to grab his opportunity but it would be easier if he was playing next to Laporte.

Turns out the guy PSG were going to bring in to be their first choice LB isn't shit.

I think it is generally accepted that he was poor in pre-season and Pep has not played him much so I think it is natural for fans to have some reservations. It would be great if he could establish himself in the squad - his skillset should fit playing for us - up to him to grab his opportunity but it would be easier if he was playing next to Laporte.

Yeah I get that to be fair. On the same note, Cancelo barely played at all until recently I guess too. I defo think there are preconceptions about Angelino that many will struggle to shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.