Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only negative I had of him tonight was when he had the space to beat the fullback and whip a ball in behind the defence he didn't take it.
I don't think that's his fault- none of our full-backs attempt it often despite all bar Zinchenko having the right qualities to try it. I think under any other manager all four of them would but I reckon Pep tells them not to unless it's a really clear opportunity.

For me our LB options at the moment are Zinchenko > Angeliño > Mendy

Angelino definitely has the most potential as our long term left back, in possession he has a real variety and range to his passing and crossing which very few players have. We've still not seen anywhere near the best of him yet but it'll come if he gets a run of regular games.

My one and only concern is tactical focus, it didn't really matter against Burnley as we were back to our very best in terms of intensity and pressing but when he's left isolated he struggles. Laporte coming back will benefit the lad hugely, so would a proper left winger in front of him, by that I mean a left footed stick to the touchline left winger. Next season I think we'll see him flourish and become one of the best left backs in Europe, it's just a case of building his experience and understanding of what Pep wants.

Has the tools to be a steal at the price we got him, and could potentially overcome Zinny imo. Quicker, more technically skilled, and if he hones his actual defending skills over the next couple of years would be our premier full back imo. If Zinny's our best defensive LB then Angelino is our best offensive one.

Kind of odd how impressive he was in the game... and his weakest attribute was his crossing. It's what he was actually known for in PSV lol. No doubt we will be seeing his great crossing coming backi to his overall game, imagine how much more impressed people would have been in that game if it was.

Love Zinchenko but Angelino is a more natural full back and defender , we are lucky to have two exceptional young players who would'nt let us down , as for Mendy it says everything that Pep will not risk him in the big high profile games , which is a disappointment when we signed him from Monaco he was one of the best left backs in europe , but its tunred out he's the best left back on Twitter.

He is fucking shite and not a premier league full back. What is he 5'3? He has absolutely no pace and is easily bullied off the ball. I haven't seen him put in one good cross since his return.

Even Mendy who has had two potentially career runining injuries is still a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.