Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easier to have a better perspective the day after such a game, once the disappointment have waned a bit. Looking at his performance yesterday with that in mind, I stick by my initial feelings about him. It's not about skill level or natural ability it's about desire and a willingness to be a top player. This is best summed up by the difference of when Fernandinho lost the ball and was literally busting a gut to get back and make amends - that is desire. Angelino on several occasions lost possession and jogged back - that is not good enough. Turning sideways on the second goal is not what you want from a defender. Fair play to their defence, they were throwing everything into stopping us which is why we only had 3 shots on target out of 19. Coaching can iron out many things but in the heat of a situation natural instinct takes over. We have been unlucky that Mendy has suffered the type of injuries that negates his best attribute - raw pace - and losing our best left sided defender, who often covered other players mistakes has exposed a big weakness. Angelino will have a good career but for me not at City. He was terrible.

as others have said, he's just not good enough for where we want to be. too weak, defensively poor, and greatly lacking in confidence. this left back position has haunted us for years, its honestly incredible with all of our resources, that every one we've bought has turned out to be average at best.

He even mistimed a tackle twice in such manner that he completely lost any momentum at time he touched the ball that it didn't move at all.

He was poor but didn’t have a great deal of help from those in front of him. Too much jogging back when they broke from Sterling in particular. He made me a damn sight angrier than Angelino who frankly can’t do much about his lack of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.