Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps on a par with Mendy and Angelino defensively, but his possession, passing and game intelligence makes him the best out of the three at the moment.

I'd never thought I'd say it but true. Zinchenko is pretty bad defensively, but he is much better footballer than Angelino and, specially, Mendy.

We look very narrow when he plays he works very well with sane but any time hes played this season we have no almost zero width

we're not really blessed with width this season without him too.

Important to remember he was bought as a back up. He played well against Burnley and for me, that's the kind of game he will be alright in. He wasn't bought to play in a Manchester derby and at Anfield. He's playing these games simply because we cant trust our £50m left back, and that is the real issue.

Important to remember he was bought as a back up. He played well against Burnley and for me, that's the kind of game he will be alright in. He wasn't bought to play in a Manchester derby and at Anfield. He's playing these games simply because we cant trust our £50m left back, and that is the real issue.
our 50 million full back has been ravaged with injurys imo he looks a lot slower than when he arrived and pace is a big part of his game. As for angelino i think hes fine as back up. Hes young,quick, has a decent cross and home grown.

our 50 million full back has been ravaged with injurys imo he looks a lot slower than when he arrived and pace is a big part of his game. As for angelino i think hes fine as back up. Hes young,quick, has a decent cross and home grown.

Agree he was brought in as 3rd choice. The obvious issues with Mendy along with Zin getting injured have exposed Angelino for what he is - not really his fault

Zin is above both of these at present - and it remains to be seen if Mendy will get back to becoming the player we bought from Monaco

Made a nice cross but was pretty not great for the rest of it, which is unsurprising because he isn't a winger. I would've rather just played a youth player there.

Definitely looks better in a 3-4-3. Should have done more to close down the cross for their goal but put a lot of very good crosses in. Loved him sprinting full pelt in stoppage time to play a perfect cutback to Foden whose shot was blocked.

May never be “the answer” but if you give him the simple task of staying wide and finding players in the box I think he can be useful in certain games

He is a crossing player. He’s good at that. Needs to improve defensively for sure, but in the wide left positions in 343 or as an isolated left winger with Zinchenko inverted fullback are the only positions he should play.

It looks like Pep has figured basically where every player can play effectively now. Not forcing Angelino as an inverted left back is good imo.

If he is happy to stay 3rd choice he will stay if not we will loan or sell him he ain’t getting in front of Mendy or Zink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.