Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In defense of @Half Pint and the second poster, they simply analyzed what they saw of the 1st two preseason games. We need to stop pretending this isn't fair game.

Now someone later said, "Angelino wouldn't make it here" or something to that effect. That is dumb as you can't tell that from watching a few games.

However, an analysis of a players performance in a game is just that. Analysis of the game. I see no one whining about the positive analysis of Rodri (to pick another new player):on his thread.

Just like here, it is equally silly to assume Rodri is going to kill it when the real games start ( even though I admit to believing he will), but it's within reasonable discuss to critic the performance of players in a game.

Yes, when someone does criticize heavily, like Pint did, it does say a little more about the posters knowledge of how players adapt than it does the player. But attempts to silence such opinions are even worse.

In defense of @Half Pint and the second poster, they simply analyzed what they saw of the 1st two preseason games. We need to stop pretending this isn't fair game.

Now someone later said, "Angelino wouldn't make it here" or something to that effect. That is dumb as you can't tell that from watching a few games.

However, an analysis of a players performance in a game is just that. Analysis of the game. I see no one whining about the positive analysis of Rodri (to pick another new player):on his thread.

Just like here, it is equally silly to assume Rodri is going to kill it when the real games start ( even though I admit to believing he will), but it's within reasonable discuss to critic the performance of players in a game.

Yes, when someone does criticize heavily, like Pint did, it does say a little more about the posters knowledge of how players adapt than it does the player. But attempts to silence such opinions are even worse.
Would all be fair pints, except @Half Pint wasn’t just analysing Angeliño’s performances in isolation — if they had done only that, I (and likely other blues) would not have taken issue. They were also extrapolating as if those performances were conclusive evidence of the quality of all future performances.

I won’t multi-quote, but they indicate Angeliño is not the required standard several times, not that he just had a few bad performances and we’ll see if he can raise his level over the next season.

We were not taking issue with their analysis of Angeliño in each match, but rather the immediate determination that he was not good enough, full stop, based on those two performances (in the first two preseason friendlies with a mixed senior/academy team no less). And that, in my opinion, is definitely fair game for response, as you eloquently point out in your post.

Last edited:
Its a bit of a knee jerk situation if you can form an opinion of a footballer after two friendly games , he wasnt very good in either friendly , but he has been brought in for back up to Zinchenko and Mendy , to be honest i wasnt expecting a Marcelo for £6m , but a lad who gives 100% shows tremendous enthusiasm and is willing to work at his game under Pep is OK with me .Similar to Zinchenko , Angelino has great potential lets judge him in 6 months not after a couple of average performances in games which are little more than training sessions.

Glad to hear that he had a decent game in Hong Kong might and got the boo boys who had him written off before he'd even played a competitive game for us. He will more than likely prove to be an absolute bargain whether he stays or moves on for another tidy profit.

Imo his first game will be the League Cup game in September.

Could be the first time of him included in 18 man matchday squad.

He has to have a strong mindset for this season as game time will be limited for him.

Imo his first game will be the League Cup game in September.

Could be the first time of him included in 18 man matchday squad.

He has to have a strong mindset for this season as game time will be limited for him.

He might not even play that if Mendy is fit again. I think this might be one of those signings where he plays a few games and we sell him for a profit next summer

I didn't understand this signing from Angelino's perspective. He was playing regularly at PSV and now can't make the bench. He won't play much this season. If Mendy can't stay fit just bin him off loan or otherwise and sign LB who is actually available instead of patching up the position.

I didn't understand this signing from Angelino's perspective. He was playing regularly at PSV and now can't make the bench. He won't play much this season. If Mendy can't stay fit just bin him off loan or otherwise and sign LB who is actually available instead of patching up the position.

He's an academy player, his number 1 aim from 16 to 20 was to get into City's side. Then, they sell him, specifically telling him they may bring him back in a year if he does well. Then, he does well, and City have no fit LB's, just a repositioned midfielder who only came into the side as a regular in February and City come calling.

Why wouldn't he join us? I'm sure he's just getting up to speed, and he'll have seen Zinchenko's winding path to the first team. He just needs to keep working hard in training, figure out what the coaches need from him, and take his chance when it comes.

I wonder if he regrets joining us. Barely even in the squad. I understand it’s a great opportunity for him, but he’s gone from getting regular football to now not playing at all and clearly behind two other players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.