Angelino

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, he's not 'tiny'..just small, like Silva. I wouldn't say he's exceptionally small for a full back. Never had that impression personally.

Got a feeling if he impresses on this loan he will be in the first team squad when he comes back.

No way he moves straight to our 1ts team squad just because (if) he impresses on his loan-spell at NYCFC, and thsat's one of those cases when it would be a right decision to wait with a yoingster's promotion.
A good loan there will obivously improve him, but neither he nor we should loose our heads because of it. The level of MLS isn't equal to EPL and it isn't an adequate test for the players who [we] want [to] play in EPL immediately.
Moreover, Angelino has big flaws in terms of defence. This loan will hopefully open the doors for him to a better league. And, even after that, he would probably still need 1-2 more loan years, in EPL or somewhere else

We have a pretty good pair of leftbacks with Kolarov and Clichy on long0term contracts, so there's no need to rush with promoting/signing new leftbacks. In my opinion, when one of them will start to regress and stop performing good enough for us, like some others did last season, we should sell him and buy a young leftback for this spot who would've already established himself in a proper club - Kurzawa, for example.

Wrote a piece on Angelino and Jack Byrne's loans this year if anyone fancies a read :)

Wrote a piece on Angelino and Jack Byrne's loans this year if anyone fancies a read :)

As ever, two excellent summaries Twosips. I'd just sat down with my tea when you popped that on the forum so good timing too ;)

There's getting too many damn teams to follow nowadays mind...

I can't decide if its Rusnak though. Rusnak's no 7 later on in another goal in that video. It looks like Celina, but initial impressions would have been Rusnak. Those two and Bytiqi all look similar from distance.

It's James Hardy

Angelino played 45 mins in a NYC FC friendly today against a nearby lower div club. Lampard and Pirlo didn't play. Villa got a goal in a 4-0 win.
If the NYC FC OS puts out video highlights later I'll link 'em.

Angelino played 45 mins in a NYC FC friendly today against a nearby lower div club. Lampard and Pirlo didn't play. Villa got a goal in a 4-0 win.
If the NYC FC OS puts out video highlights later I'll link 'em.

Hopefully he will play this weekend then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.