Angelino

We've gone from Barca been rumoured at £30m to another season long loan with an obligation to buy at a measly 20m Euros.

He must only want Leipzig, which is understandable after he seems to be settled there after doing so well, but that's a terrible deal from our POV.

I could perhaps understand a drop in value from our original 25m Euro release clause if it's paid right now, but giving them another season on loan when his value is only going to increase is just baffling.

There must be a sell on and potentially a buy back clause included in the deal in order for us to settle on that.

I suppose one positive angle we could look at it is building a positive relationship with Leipzig for the future. They're a talent factory and are only going to get bigger and better - being on good terms with them and scratching their back now might well put us ahead of the queue in the future.

We've gone from Barca been rumoured at £30m to another season long loan with an obligation to buy at a measly 20m Euros.

He must only want Leipzig, which is understandable after he seems to be settled there after doing so well, but that's a terrible deal from our POV.

I could perhaps understand a drop in value from our original 25m Euro release clause if it's paid right now, but giving them another season when his value is only going to increase is just baffling.

There must be a sell on and potentially a buy back clause included in the deal in order for us to settle on that.
Do you really think if there was even the remote chance that Barca wanted him, he would have signed for RB, however much he enjoyed his time there?

Do you really think if there was even the remote chance that Barca wanted him, he would have signed for RB, however much he enjoyed his time there?

You never know. He's got a starting role at a very good Bundesliga team, looks very settled amongst the squad and has a young, talented coach training him.

Perhaps after 3 seasons of jumping around on loans and being brought back only to be loaned out again, his primary focus is finding somewhere he can settle and continue to develop as a player?

He's at his best as a wingback, Barca don't deploy such a system - maybe that forms part of his thinking?

Barca are also a complete mess to the outsider right now, and there's no guarantee he goes there to be a starter with Alba still knocking around.

There are a lot of variables to suggest he may well side with staying at Leipzig, rather than going to Barca (if the rumours were even true). He's only 23, if he continues to perform like he's done since January, he's not closing off the possibility of joining a Barca or Madrid in the future.

Couldn't we have done a deal involving Upermacano coming to us, there would be no harm in pushing for it

If our supposed first choice, Mendy, wasn't injured for three-quarters of a season, he would've been the perfect second option. He's decent enough and won't cost us a non-home-grown slot. I still would rather have him than Zinchenko.

So we loan him to Leipzig in January with a €30m buy option, he plays well enough to make the Champion's League squad of the season, and then we loan him again, but with a €20m buy obligation this time? Meanwhile we have Ben Mendy and Zinchenko? Real shrewd business right here.

If our supposed first choice, Mendy, wasn't injured for three-quarters of a season, he would've been the perfect second option. He's decent enough and won't cost us a non-home-grown slot. I still would rather have him than Zinchenko.
No, I had high hopes when he came back but the couple of games I saw him as a full back he looked hopeless. As a wing back attacking for Lepzig he's good. But not for us. £20 mill with add ons or sell on would be a good deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.