Angus Gunn

Congratulations to Angus.

Although I've not seen very much of him, I have heard (read) a lot of good things about him on here.

Fully deserved and more kudos to the Academy staff.

Interesting piece on the OS about his call up, he's the first U21 player we've had for quite awhile: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/EDS-news...ll-up-and-EDS-v-Sunderland-preview/1440518414

But things will change before too long:

"It’s the first time for a number of years that a City Academy product has been named in the England u21s squad.

Three City youngsters have been called up to represent the Three Lions' U20 side though - Ashley Smith-Brown, Kean Bryan and Brandon Barker. Marcus Wood and Will Patching are in the U18s team with Cameron Humphreys, Demeaco Duhaney, Isaac Buckley-Ricketts and Lukas Nmecha on stand-by."

Humphreys and Nmecha only on u18 standby?? wow,they must have some insane talent to choose from.......

Humphreys and Nmecha only on u18 standby?? wow,they must have some insane talent to choose from.......

Tbh, i just don't think they'd want to swamp the youth teams with loads of players from one club, deserved or not. Unless it was United of course. But yeah, mental hey? Buckley is great too. Getting loads better. I'd be surprised if the nominal RW is any better.

Very impressive for Duhaney though. He's very, very young and has only played about 4 games for the u18s. Four players on standby and 2 in the u18s squad - wasn't kidding in my season preview on my blog! ha. Our u18s are very, very good.

We've got Tyrese Campbell with u17s too btw, and I think he's only 15? (Correct me if im wrong).. Diallo and Diego Lattie are there as well. Loads of our kids getting games for England which is encouraging.

Tbh, i just don't think they'd want to swamp the youth teams with loads of players from one club, deserved or not. Unless it was United of course. But yeah, mental hey? Buckley is great too. Getting loads better. I'd be surprised if the nominal RW is any better.

Very impressive for Duhaney though. He's very, very young and has only played about 4 games for the u18s. Four players on standby and 2 in the u18s squad - wasn't kidding in my season preview on my blog! ha. Our u18s are very, very good.

We've got Tyrese Campbell with u17s too btw, and I think he's only 15? (Correct me if im wrong).. Diallo and Diego Lattie are there as well. Loads of our kids getting games for England which is encouraging.

Will Patching with the U18's? He is only 16 isn't he?

Same with Nmecha, why isn't he with the U17's?

Accademy years same as school years ,England age groups same as Europe new year to new year ie Campbell u16 City players u17 england

Inside the club, the hope is that from the U-14s (considered world class talent) on up, the First Team will be self sustaining by 2025, being fed by the CFA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.