Angus Gunn

The difference between McCarthy/Pickford and Gunn is Premier League appearances though. Yes you have to start somewhere but I think McCarthy will start the season number 1 based purely on experience.
Perhaps, but don't be surprised if that changes by the end of the season. Presuming they do offload Forster it looks like a good move for all concerned, buy back and sell on clauses (I think) included as well. Peachy.

Perhaps, but don't be surprised if that changes by the end of the season. Presuming they do offload Forster it looks like a good move for all concerned, buy back and sell on clauses (I think) included as well. Peachy.
I agree mate, that’s why I said McCarthy will start number 1!

I like the buy back transfers. They’re 0 risk loans: if the player turns out shit he’s not our problem and if he turns out brilliant we buy him back for a small net fee.

I feel like our youth policy is a money making scheme operating under the façade of bringing in young talent. No one is getting a look in really. It's a good way to raise money don't get me wrong but let's not pretend any of our young players are ever gonna get a serious shot at starting

That young talent has to be outstandingly good to force it’s way into the first team and even the first team squad at the moment. Foden probably will, possibly Diaz, too, but that may be it for a while. In the meantime, City are giving these youngsters the opportunity to make a good living out of a career they love and getting a (mostly) fair return on their investments. Not many of our youngsters end up out of the game and on the scrap heap, as used to be the case not that long ago.

First start for the Saints this evening and he was brilliant in helping prevent Chelsea take all the points.
Well done lad,a bigger talent than Pickford IMO.

Only saw the highlights but I didn't see anything brilliant at all. Couple of bread and butter saves and was nowhere near their just offside goal. Good luck to him and I don't rate Pickford at all.

Hope he's improved with his feet, used to give me kittens when the ball was on the deck was superb with his hands though.

I watched the game and he played well. Made some very crucial saves.
Indeed,while all the time having the huge pressure of a debut against one of the countries best teams.Had his bottle gone it could have been a massacre that would have damaged his confidence enormously.

Huge credit to the kid.Its just a shame the timing was wrong here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.