Anna Connell

Thinking about the idea of commemorating our founders. Statues and photos seem to me to be out of step with what City are trying to achieve. I have no knowledge as to the feasibility, but what about a Hologram outside the main entrance to the stadium? I have no idea if this would be possible but I feel that while acknowledging our founders it would also reflecting the way the club is embracing the future.

CONNELL-CLUB-LOG_330.jpg

CCEntrance._482.jpg

Looks rather nice..Pretty expensive though

Fascinating reading all the passion for our early history.Those involved in the birth of our club deserve to be remembered in a fitting way maybe a square around the stadium or in the new training complex receiving the name founders square or possibly the new bridge that will connect the two being named founders bridge in their memory.

I appreciate your sentiment, but Gary James has already proven that the Anna Connell story is false, hasn't he?

Falastur said:
I appreciate your sentiment, but Gary James has already proven that the Anna Connell story is false, hasn't he?
no - merely shown to be unsubstantiated - it would be very strange if her work among the poor had no influence on her father's decision to set up the club

bluemanc said:
Falastur said:
What you mean the Connells and St Marks didnt exist,well who'd have thought it.
"Sentiment",that did however make me laugh

Nah, the Connell link is accurate and so the St Marks connection. But people keep talking about Anna Connell - it was a fantastic story but when Gary found it was wrong and she had no involvement then it made it a bit embarrassing.

It's not a big thing though. If you meant this to be about the Connells in general then keep going, and I'll be out of you way. Sorry.

George Hannah said:
Falastur said:
no - merely shown to be unsubstantiated - it would be very strange if her work among the poor had no influence on her father's decision to set up the club

Two sides of the same coin, surely? From what I've seen, Anna's work with the poor was in support of her father's work, not the inspiration for it. I mean, he created a cricket team which became the basis of the football team, and he did that years earlier.

Anyway, my aim here was not to write-off the Connell legacy or discredit Anna, just to argue that her father deserves the ultimate credit. I'm going to back out of this thread lest I derail it further.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.