Annoying media buzz words.

Newlunar

Reformed sociopath- Just trying to be....nice.
Marquee signing. Some pocksy hack comes out with a new word and before you know it's used on every channel and every paper. ggrrrr.... it makes my frickin teeth itch.

File under wank phrases 2008/09 along with other non sayings like Not fit for purpose .

BTW if anyone quotes me and lazily adds This underneath I'm going to divert all my time and energy into devising a way of sending a life threatening shock to your mouse.

Newlunar said:
Marquee signing. Some pocksy hack comes out with a new word and before you know it's used on every channel and every paper. ggrrrr.... it makes my frickin teeth itch.

File under wank phrases 2008/09 along with other non sayings like Not fit for purpose .

BTW if anyone quotes me and lazily adds This underneath I'm going to divert all my time and energy into devising a way of sending a life threatening shock to your mouse.

This. ;)

MCFC-alan88 said:
Newlunar said:

This. ;)

That

Newlunar said:

"Topslice".

Whatever that means.

One of my pet hates is the way they end every sentence with "indeed". Only it gets worse. Not only do they constantly say "indeed", but they say it in such an annoying way, almost as if it's actually 2 words. Someone will do a report and it'll come back to the studio... "thank you very much, in... deed." Arrggghhh! Sorry, it just gets on my nerves!

Nice rant, Lunar.

I'll tell you one which really pisses me off. They all use it these days:

"The Man Uniteds and Chelseas of this world"

There is only one of each.

Didsbury Dave said:
Nice rant, Lunar.

I'll tell you one which really pisses me off. They all use it these days:

"The Man Uniteds and Chelseas of this world"

There is only one of each.

The perv Collymore on Talksport cannot go 5 mins without coming out with that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.