Annual In Memoriam Sheffield United 30th December

I'm going to email the club will let you know if I get a reply

Thank you so much.

And thank you again everyone about my post on page 1. If anyone wants to read mums "obituary" in the programme she's on page 63 with a lovely photo from right after the 2011 fa cup final, as well as on page 15 in the "in memoriam" list. Valerie Taylor. My brilliant mum.

If anyone does find her name on the screens in any photos or videos, please let me know. Was it shown on city plus or whatever its' called?

Re the screens - up to and including 2018, they would put peoples names on the mid layer screens but each name would scroll all the way around a full lap, so you had plenty of time to find it and follow your loved ones name.
In 2019, my dad died in the May, and his name was on the memoriam screen list Dec 2019 (also against Sheff Utd).
My panic at seeing that instead of scrolling all the way round the names just flashed up in a small group on a quarter of the ground, scanning my eyes around desperately looking for him. In the end it was my mum who saw his name and nudged me in time for me to see him.

It's brilliant city do this for fans, but when your family loved on is on the screen you spend the whole minute frantically searching for them rather than feeling emotionally in the moment! :(

Still proud mum was on - always told her over the years that she would be, she'd laugh and say "i'm not dead yet"! We had such fun at games.... up til maybe the covid break. I know it was never the same since then, as i had so much worry over her and her frailness and her mind. But we were a team. We still used to wet ourselves with laughter about the time at wembley travelodge she's busy putting her cream on her legs before bed, only to realise after coating them that she'd used the toothpaste! My sister just didn't get whey we found it so funny when i retold the tale at home, but we were in hysterics, we barely slept as kept sniggering and starting off again! Sounds daft and i guess you had to be there (!), but i treasure every moment of those memories. We loved making a break of our Wembley trips, just as we loved being at the auto windscreen shield game, we loved it all, from top to bottom and back to top again. Oh mum... i miss you.

I won't start off my emotion again, sorry. I miss her so so much.

But if anyone finds mums name, please let me know.
And although i'm a private person and it gives away all of our names, i'm proud of my little write up for her in the programme, so have a read if you have it. Raise a smile for a brilliant woman.

Thank you x

thought of 2024 being a year mum didn't exist in
Lost mum and dad many years ago, to me they do exist and will do so as long as they are in my memories and those of my siblings and their grandkids So of course she exists In your wonderful memories of her Love that you were able to pay tribute to her with that help of City x

Last edited:
^ I know, but you get what I meant.... She knew 2023.

All the sentimental love for city has temporarily vanished tonight though as I'm so upset - an email has come from city addressed to mum (she was registered with a spare account of mine as she didn't do emails and they insisted) telling her off for failing to use her season card this season.

It's upset me so much. Just fired off an email :(

(and mine and mums WERE used anyway ironically - the plastic cards wouldn't scan on their new system so a blue jacket steward scanned me in each match til new cards came in Nov when they moved mums to my son. But I asked EACH match that this WILL record our attendance as I know it goes against you if you don't show up. I was promised each time that yes don't worry (asking in person, email, and DM).
But here we are, I get a warning email saying I have failed to attend and doing so 10 times puts my season ticket renewal at risk (I haven't missed a game this season! They promised it was recording attendance)
But it's that one came for mum, in mums name, when they know she's dead and her ticket is now my son. They know she's gone. They know. I'm having such a bad start to the year, and then I check my emails in bed and this is there.

Last edited:
All the sentimental love for city has temporarily vanished tonight though as I'm so upset - an email has come from city addressed to mum (she was registered with a spare account of mine as she didn't do emails and they insisted) telling her off for failing to use her season card this season.

It's upset me so much. Just fired off an email :(

Sorry for quoting myself but just got up this morning trying to be happy for my other halfs birthday. But still so upset about this instead :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.