Another blue gone too soon | RIP Barry James

I knew Barry very well. From school days and when our families became closer through a relationship. I last saw Barry about three months ago, he was his usual chirpy self and was always positive thinking even though he was facing a battle. I always saw him with a smile on his face. God bless you sweet, kind man, the world is a sadder place without you around.

I used to see him in a band at O'Neils on a Thursday in the early 2000's then saw him sing in the Piano Bar in Puerto Banus ( Bobby Davro and Des O'Connor and Max Clifford were also in that night)

I didn't know him personally but always enjoyed him performing....seemed to remember in O'Neils he would always sing Brown Eyed Girl

RIP

My dad grew up in woodhouse park and as a kid he was pals with dougie and barry james. Think there was another brother david? Hairdresser from cheadle hulme?
Also pals with alan erasmus.

As you can imagine growing up in post war wythy there werent many black lads and
dave james always said they were the only black kids in wythenshawe!

My dad met alan at school and promptly took him home to meet his mum (my nanna) who was horrified At first but soon fell in love with what she said was the biggest smile she had ever seen :)

I used to see him in a band at O'Neils on a Thursday in the early 2000's then saw him sing in the Piano Bar in Puerto Banus ( Bobby Davro and Des O'Connor and Max Clifford were also in that night)

I didn't know him personally but always enjoyed him performing....seemed to remember in O'Neils he would always sing Brown Eyed Girl

Yes he sang at Squires across the road as well. Brown eyed girl yes. I was in there all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.