Another blue gone too soon | RIP Barry James

I’m not on social media for one reason or another but the news has left a real sadness here too mate, Barry was such a lovely sociable person, even as a little kid, he’d chat to anybody, young, old, and anyone in between, and always with a smile and sunshine, funny thing is, which sums him up perfectly, that beating he took on that hill, when he got back to us (me and his mate Terry) he just started laughing and said “I got my hat back though”, always saw the positives Barry.

Thanks for letting us know ‘keeping the faith’, if you get to know any funeral details (if it’s an open thing) please drop me a PM or something, cheers.
I will do. My sister should be able to find out as she is still in the music scene in Manchester. I'll probably post the day and place when I hear by bumping this post up to the top of bluemoon if that's OK. Still shocked how a guy of 60 could pass. He was so well liked by everyone he met.

He was indeed mate. I was the drummer for about 8 years. Chris is a great guy. Brilliant musician. Plays banjo, guitar, drums and sings amongst other things. His family would come to St. Wilfreds in Hulme/moss side for Irish music lessons in the 70's. If you ever see Chris ask him is he langers? He'll roar with laughter.

Edit; There were a lot of families from round Whitefield, Cheetham Hill area who came to St. Wilfreds and who were the founders of the cheetham Hill Irish Centre on queen's Road that was a huge success from day one. I'm sure it will still be there.
Original Irish Centre was knocled down a few years ago and a new one built further up Queens Road towards Rochdale Road, but think they are struggling financially. Saw Toss The Feathers many times in the original Irish Centre early 90s, had some great nights.

Just looked at his facebook and glad I did, as a huge love of Thin Lizzy his version of the Boys are back in town is outstanding.

RIP Barry.

He appeared on the voice ten years ago but the chairs never turned around, that video is on his Facebook too. He still smiled throughout and the audience loved him, like all audiences did. His performance in the hospice broke me. Such bravery and it was as beautiful as sad.

Rocking it ten years ago and what it was about for him in the second pic, City and music.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-30-10-47-06-714_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-30-10-47-06-714_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 41
  • FB_IMG_1725010500521.jpg
    FB_IMG_1725010500521.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 37
I will do. My sister should be able to find out as she is still in the music scene in Manchester. I'll probably post the day and place when I hear by bumping this post up to the top of bluemoon if that's OK. Still shocked how a guy of 60 could pass. He was so well liked by everyone he met.
Thanks mate, I’m away for 2 weeks from Sunday unfortunately so hopefully (for my sake) it’s not in that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.