Another Cookie Cock Up Moment - Mariga deal?

So something obviously was wrong with our deadlines we set ourselves for getting a deal done.

Why wait till the end of the transfer window. Offer the money on the target straight away. If they dont bite then move onto the next one. We should be trying to get the deals dont asap. Have say three+ targets for each position that needs strengthening. Let all parties understand this and then raise offers in for each target until one does bite. Up to the others parties to hold out for as long as they can hoping another club does not cash in.

I know the council own the stadium but I didn't know they were dealing with our transfers as well.

phil333 said:
So something obviously was wrong with our deadlines we set ourselves for getting a deal done.

Why wait till the end of the transfer window. Offer the money on the target straight away. If they dont bite then move onto the next one. We should be trying to get the deals dont asap. Have say three+ targets for each position that needs strengthening. Let all parties understand this and then raise offers in for each target until one does bite. Up to the others parties to hold out for as long as they can hoping another club does not cash in.

I know the council own the stadium but I didn't know they were dealing with our transfers as well.

I very much doubt that they waited til the end of the window. A work permit for normal employment can take upto 4 weeks. So i'd be guessing at half that for a footballer which would mean they have been working on this deal for a while.

Ricster said:
moomba said:
Would you be happier if we didn't discuss the club and what is happening at the club on a discussion board such as this one? Seems as soon as you do a section of our supporters jump up and down, stamp their feet and play the spooky brat card.

As far as I'm concerned no amount of money or success would make the loss if our right to have an opinion worthwhile.

I'd be happy if people were to get their facts right before launching an attack on an easy target!

Launching an attack? Been nothing of the sort.

Re: Another Cookie Cock Up Moment?

Barry Conlons wig said:
Soulboy said:
Now I hope I'm not doing the bloke a disservice, and I'm pointing fingers at him when he doesn't really deserve it... but who the fuck cocked up the MacDonald Mariga deal?

We've been linked with this player for about 7 days now, Mancini must have targeted him at least a week prior to that... so, conservatively, we've had two weeks to look into this deal.

Presumably one of our very well paid employees understands employmemnt law, and how a work permit is obtained? If not, then we could buy in expert opinion. That's how businesses work. Except not at City, seemingly.

We wait until 5 hours before the transfer deadline before finding out that the player doesn't meet the criteria (something that numerous people on here commented upon) and we are made to look like chumps again.

Hopefully the deal may be resurrected... but that's not the point is it?

Who are we employing at the club? Clearly our "richest club in the world / top notch businessmen owners" aren't cutting the mustard.

I await Cook at his next press conference telling the waiting world that "The FA bottled it..."

We want the best players... we need the best administrators.

To be the best you employ the best.

I hope I am proved wrong with this one...

what a dickhead you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soulboy, I'm with you on this one. Anyone who resorts to calling you a 'dickhead' is indeed one himself........imho.......

Re: Another Cookie Cock Up Moment?

ZanteWeatherman said:
Barry Conlons wig said:
what a dickhead you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soulboy, I'm with you on this one. Anyone who resorts to calling you a 'dickhead' is indeed one himself........imho.......

How the edit button comes in useful.

What you originally worte was

Now I hope I'm not doing the bloke a disservice, and I'm pointing fingers at him when he doesn't really deserve it... but who the fuck cocked up the MacDonald Mariga deal? We've been linked with this player for about 7 days now, Mancini must have targeted him at least a week prior to that... so, co...

The work permit was refused...nothing that can be done now. Don't know why people are playing the blame game, but if anyone is to blame then I personally think it's the FA panel. Don't see how Kenya's best player who has been in Europe for 7yrs and spent the last few of those playing in Serie A can be outrightly refused.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.